Galaxy S9/S9+ audio quality
Mar 11, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #31 of 140
OT: I wish I could install a dark theme, but when pressing the button to download / pay, nothing happens, is annoying me!

Mar 11, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #32 of 140
OT: I wish I could install a dark theme, but when pressing the button to download / pay, nothing happens, is annoying me!
Weird maybe you disabled something?package disabler?

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #34 of 140
Weird maybe you disabled something?package disabler?
Apparently not, it was "show button shapes" being enabled under vision in the accessibility section...

Off it went, boom! Downloading straight away!

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #35 of 140
Samsung has been pretty much on the same road with audio quality. They just don’t care enough. My Note 8 isn’t anything special at all. I do like it as a phone though

I'vd had every high-end Samsung since the S3 except a Note 2 but was getting tired of connecting to external DAC's or trying dedicated DAP's.

I would normally have got the S9 at launch but after reading all the glowing reviews regarding the LG V30 sound quality for months now I decided to try my first LG and imported a V30+ for just £500.

The phone as a whole is 90% of an S8 with really only the screen slightly inferior but boy..... that audio is as good as any DAC/DAP I've had other than Hugo 2 (and maybe Mojo for DSD).

I will still get an S9 to play with through work but my own cash as gone on the V30 and no regrets. If they had same marketting as Samsung it would be doing much better. In UK only CPW is selling it and until about a month ago couldn't even see a display version in stores near me.

Sounds sublime with the UAPP developer version that supports the internal DAC.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #36 of 140
I'vd had every high-end Samsung since the S3 except a Note 2 but was getting tired of connecting to external DAC's or trying dedicated DAP's.

I would normally have got the S9 at launch but after reading all the glowing reviews regarding the LG V30 sound quality for months now I decided to try my first LG and imported a V30+ for just £500.

The phone as a whole is 90% of an S8 with really only the screen slightly inferior but boy..... that audio is as good as any DAC/DAP I've had other than Hugo 2 (and maybe Mojo for DSD).

I will still get an S9 to play with through work but my own cash as gone on the V30 and no regrets. If they had same marketting as Samsung it would be doing much better. In UK only CPW is selling it and until about a month ago couldn't even see a display version in stores near me.

Considering i'm looking for one-device-only ... looking more and more that v30 is the best choice ..

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #37 of 140

Yes, LG since the V10 was always paying more attentions to their phones, especially the V and now the G lines. Samsung is an exception, and I do not understand how Samsung can be This bad, given that they always have a DAC in their phones, Wolfson, or Astiq...they still suck

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #38 of 140
Considering i'm looking for one-device-only ... looking more and more that v30 is the best choice ..

It's why I ended up with the V30... was debating it because I really loved my Pixel but the V30 has served me very well. Someone on youtube described the phone as the one for people that "don't subscribe to media hype" haha, I like that description.

Mar 12, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #39 of 140
Yes, LG since the V10 was always paying more attentions to their phones, especially the V and now the G lines. Samsung is an exception, and I do not understand how Samsung can be This bad, given that they always have a DAC in their phones, Wolfson, or Astiq...they still suck
I'm not having any major concerns with the Exynos version...

Will it best a mojo, well, no, but it is more dynamic than the iPhone dongle, so I'm not grumbling too much...

Time will tell, only had it for 72hrs, ask me again in two weeks, might have a different answer, however, definitely ahead of the S8 / Note 8 (again, Exynos)

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #40 of 140
Using the US version of the S9+ with a Sony WH-1000XM2 using LDAC, and its sounding pretty sweet. Much better clarity using these headphone with LDAC as opposed to Apple's aac.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #42 of 140
Played with my friend's for an hour or so. Sounds similar to my old S8, and not as good as my V30 - noticeably less resolution.
Qualcomm I'm guessing ?

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #44 of 140
Do one know how that stereo speaker of galaxy s9 works? Is that similiar to the htc 10 with that principle of Tweeter and subwoofer?

And how good do the stereo speaker sound like. Is it comparable with the zte axon, htc u11, iphone x?

It's two stereo speakers, just like the iPhone. I'd bet that the bottom speaker has more bass than the earpiece one, but it just sounds like stereo speakers.

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #45 of 140
I don't mind the S9 (Exynos) as it goes - Quite happy with it, using Poweramp Alpha, plays everything that I throw at it, and - is pretty acceptable sounding :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back