[FYI] Basic Guide to In-Ear-Canalphones (rev.4)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #46 of 132
i think this should get a sticky! =)
very detailed and thorough guide~ thanks!

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #47 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
deffinately the ultimate in ear sticky!

Ear sticky? Gross. There was a better way to word that sentence, dude.

wink_face.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #48 of 132
Great reference. Thanks for the putting in the time and effort to create/compile it for us!

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #49 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those wondering, I PM'd markl and wmcmanus (spelling?) on getting this thread Sticky'd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has been almost a month since this thread was buried by tons of other threads, so I thought I give it a bump so the newb can have a chance to read it, plus I just made a slight update on the info.

I've just made it a sticky thread, per the suggestion in Sduibek's above mentioned PM. I wish I had known about it earlier! Just glancing at it quickly, it's quite impressively written as well as usefully organized.

FYI, markl is not a moderator.

Nov 29, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #51 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI, markl is not a moderator.

Whoops. I guess that makes sense. I was wondering why I had a Mod on my Block(ed) list....

Thanks for the clarification
biggrin.gif

EDIT: and thanks for Sticky-ing the thread!

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #54 of 132
Thanks for the informative write-up.

I will be looking at buying IEMs for portable usage. I only knew of a few brands and you've opened up many more doors for me.

Is there a consensus on this board for which company offers the best custom molded IEMs on the market right now? (or does it have a lot to do with how your ears are shaped and what the listener prefers in terms of fit/price?)

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #55 of 132
If you do your ear mold impression right (by going through a audiologist), than the chance of getting your custom fits right in the first trial will be high. If you DIY'ed your own ear mold (which some companies offered for lowering cost), there is a higher chance there thing might goes wrong and you will have to send in your custom for re-fitting. I won't recommend the DIY method.

'Best' usually involves personal taste and it is hard for people to admit that the custom they paid a few hundreds to thousands of dollars for might not be the best there is. Of course, since you can't really audition a custom without actually getting the custom first, most of the time it is just a leap of faith on reviews to determine which IEM to buy. If you don't keep a cash cow in your backyard, than I'll suggest you start by looking those under $400 deals before investing in tons of money.

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #56 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by markieta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a consensus on this board for which company offers the best custom molded IEMs on the market right now?

Yes, it is: UltimateEars UE-10 or UE-11, followed by ACS T2. They are also the most expensive so take into consideration ClieOS thoughts also.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #57 of 132
thanks for this ima iem noob and leaning either towards some sa6s or some customs.....

Feb 23, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #58 of 132
one of the best article on IEMs.....
but i think it needs to be updated...

Sennheiser IE series hasnt been mentioned in IEMs to consider..and it is one high end dynamic IEM

And Westone 3 as well

other than that..very informative.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #59 of 132
The thread serves to provide general information, so mentioning of specific IEM is kept to minimum unless it is relevant to the topic as example. I have updated the list of IEM companies and make sure they all have a link now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back