Futuresonics Atrio M5
May 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #2,326 of 2,359
Quote:
These headphones suck. I really wanted to like these, achieving a perfect seal with comply foam to get the maximum experience. Plugged into an iPhone 4s, the bass isnt nowhere near as good as the monster turbine. In terms of overall sound, these are not bass oriented earphones. Selling them right away. Don't believe the youtube reviews that the MG7 drivers deliver thumping sub bass. They have zero bass whatsoever. I'd give them a 0/10 max.

I'll buy them from you. $50 bucks.  Or you have my Turbines in exchange, since it seems you enjoy them.

May 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2,327 of 2,359
Either you do not want to like them or you are doing something wrong. The Atrios has more bass then even most headphones and custom made earphones.
Quote:
These headphones suck. I really wanted to like these, achieving a perfect seal with comply foam to get the maximum experience. Plugged into an iPhone 4s, the bass isnt nowhere near as good as the monster turbine. In terms of overall sound, these are not bass oriented earphones. Selling them right away. Don't believe the youtube reviews that the MG7 drivers deliver thumping sub bass. They have zero bass whatsoever. I'd give them a 0/10 max.

May 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #2,328 of 2,359
Quote:

Either you don't know how to wear them or your completely tone def because they absolutely destroy the Turbines in bass well in everything for that matter.  They have the best sub-bass of any IEM I've heard and their over all sound signature is quite good with a balanced monitor like sound.

May 5, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #2,329 of 2,359
I have the custom earphone by Future Sonics who also make the atrios and for the last two days I have been actually using the Atrios due to it has been raining the last 2 days and boy the Atrios still surprises me with its sub bass. Yes the bass is always there but on certain songs at certain times in the song pow I hear this wide deep sub bass and Im shocked how the Atrios becomes so wide and goes so deep. Even thought they are so tiny and cheapy looking they sounds beter then most earphones costing 3 times its price.

May 5, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #2,330 of 2,359
Quote:
I have the custom earphone by Future Sonics who also make the atrios and for the last two days I have been actually using the Atrios due to it has been raining the last 2 days and boy the Atrios still surprises me with its sub bass. Yes the bass is always there but on certain songs at certain times in the song pow I hear this wide deep sub bass and Im shocked how the Atrios becomes so wide and goes so deep. Even thought they are so tiny and cheapy looking they sounds beter then most earphones costing 3 times its price.

They really are very good IEM's and not just for sub-bass, all around they have a very smooth monitor like evenness to the mids and highs.  I've only had mine for about 2 months and they're one of the best I have, I put them right behind the R-50 as my favorite IEM's.  I'm listening to them right now, I have on Anjunadeep Vol 4 disc 2 mixed by Jaytech, and when it hits some of the basslines I'm like "wow".  I still don't consider myself a basshead but as far as the MG7 goes they're just awesome.

May 5, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #2,331 of 2,359
Dude I agree with you and the Mids and Highs do get lover looked even by me I forget how good the mids and highs really are but maybe cause what makes them so unique is because it does have something that most other earphone lack which is a punchy bass with a deep pounding warm soothing sub bass. There are many earphones and headphones out there with mice mids and highs and many have a nice forward mid and others a forward high but the Atrios is basically NEUTRAL yes neutral but when there is some bass well now here is what seperates them from the rest when the song has bass the Atrios will give it to you and these earphones are dying to give it to you. When the song has SUB-BASS well on all those other earphones you wont even notice that track even had or called for SUB-Bass cause those earphones wont produce it for you but on the Atrios when the track has SUB-BASS pow it gives SUB-BASS and it will take your ears way below where you didnt think they could go and you will not only hear it but feel it. If the Atrios did not have this SUB-BASS then everyone would be talking about how real warm and clear its mids and highs are and how they sound so organic as if it was music coming from vinyl record player.
Quote:

They really are very good IEM's and not just for sub-bass, all around they have a very smooth monitor like evenness to the mids and highs.  I've only had mine for about 2 months and they're one of the best I have, I put them right behind the R-50 as my favorite IEM's.  I'm listening to them right now, I have on Anjunadeep Vol 4 disc 2 mixed by Jaytech, and when it hits some of the basslines I'm like "wow".  I still don't consider myself a basshead but as far as the MG7 goes they're just awesome.

May 5, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #2,332 of 2,359
Quote:
Dude I agree with you and the Mids and Highs do get lover looked even by me I forget how good the mids and highs really are but maybe cause what makes them so unique is because it does have something that most other earphone lack which is a punchy bass with a deep pounding warm soothing sub bass. There are many earphones and headphones out there with mice mids and highs and many have a nice forward mid and others a forward high but the Atrios is basically NEUTRAL yes neutral but when there is some bass well now here is what seperates them from the rest when the song has bass the Atrios will give it to you and these earphones are dying to give it to you. When the song has SUB-BASS well on all those other earphones you wont even notice that track even had or called for SUB-Bass cause those earphones wont produce it for you but on the Atrios when the track has SUB-BASS pow it gives SUB-BASS and it will take your ears way below where you didnt think they could go and you will not only hear it but feel it. If the Atrios did not have this SUB-BASS then everyone would be talking about how real warm and clear its mids and highs are and how they sound so organic as if it was music coming from vinyl record player.

All of that is so very true.  I'm seriously thing about getting the MG6Pros or the UM Merlin's I don't know which one I want right now.  The MG6Pro I've read is like the Atrio's on steroids but with a much larger soundstage which is really appealing to me.  Now the UM Merlin's are a hybrid with 4 BA's for the mids and highs and a 9mm dynamic for the lows.  The fact that I like the MG7 so much I think I'm going to go for the MG6Pro because I know somewhat how they're going to sound and the Merlin's might be to sibilant with the highs.

May 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #2,333 of 2,359
Not boasting just stating that I have both the Atrios and the MG6Pros and if you like the Atrios then the MG6Pro will be the all in all in a earphone for you. What also helps the MG6Pro be the all in one is the vents which will either allow the MG6Pro be the bass monster or by changing the vent to a smaller opening will make it neutral. Isolation is much better then any universal and the all around sound is clearer abd detailed. Thwenty five years as a company that makes their own driver and when they make a new one you can return the one you have and for a fraction of the price get the new one. I too would like the Merlins cause I also like hybrids. I suggest get the MG6Pro cause you cannot go wrong with them and then if for curiousity sake try for the Merlins.
Quote:

All of that is so very true.  I'm seriously thing about getting the MG6Pros or the UM Merlin's I don't know which one I want right now.  The MG6Pro I've read is like the Atrio's on steroids but with a much larger soundstage which is really appealing to me.  Now the UM Merlin's are a hybrid with 4 BA's for the mids and highs and a 9mm dynamic for the lows.  The fact that I like the MG7 so much I think I'm going to go for the MG6Pro because I know somewhat how they're going to sound and the Merlin's might be to sibilant with the highs.

May 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #2,334 of 2,359
I believe you might have to try a different tip. Try a foamy tip cause if you cannot hear the bass then it has to be a bas seal. The Atrios are not the easiest earphone to get a perfect seal but once you get it the bass will be there and you will never be lacking bass. Another thing is burn in and power they love power.
Quote:

May 23, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #2,336 of 2,359
I saw one on eBay a while ago, 'Freq city' is the seller, I think, and I believe he's an authorized dealer as well.

May 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #2,338 of 2,359
May 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2,340 of 2,359
Reading this thread, I expected for there to be sub-bass for days, and the soundstage to be closed and cramped. 

Now I'm listening to an IEM that has just a smidge more sub-bass rumble than the GR07. The soundstage isn't the biggest, but I could probably live with it.

Vocals and instrument separation are decent at best. The vocals are recessed for my liking, and dynamics are just OK.

It's not fast enough to keep pace with quicker paced genres, though I wouldn't really call it slow. I feel like the bass lags behind the mids and highs when use Kiteki's speed test.

I suspect the main problem with the M5 is that the sound is being hindered by that tiny nozzle.

I'm listening from my iP4, which is already a pretty good source. I'll give it another shot from my Fiio E10 later, but I don't expect much improvement. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back