Futuresonics Atrio M5
Dec 8, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #1,966 of 2,359
Hmm, I'm going to get myself a pair of Ety/Westone triflanges to try on the Atrio tomorrow and see how it goes.

On another note, I'm now listening to Cinema Paradiso by Robert Wolf and Fang Kammerlander. It's a well recorded track with violin and guitar as the only 2 instruments, and now I'm starting to wonder if the Bond track I used to test the violin was poorly recorded.
mad.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #1,969 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by lihao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone tell me how to differentiate a v1 and v2

v1 - Memory wire
v2 - No memory wire

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #1,971 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberburger101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I use the iQube and I have yet to hear a better pairing. I'm hoping the P51 (arriving soon) will bless the Atrio with the last bit of mids it needs.

Ah yes, iQube FTW. Wonderful, neutral, clean amp. Excellent synergy with the Atrio. I don't think you can do better amp-wise with the Atrio (at least for portables). That said, what source you were using can make a difference as well. And you'll want to state these details in your review.

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #1,972 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yes, iQube FTW. Wonderful, neutral, clean amp. Excellent synergy with the Atrio. I don't think you can do better amp-wise with the Atrio (at least for portables). That said, what source you were using can make a difference as well. And you'll want to state these details in your review.

Ah, I've already editted my review saying the source and amp used. iPod 5.5G + iQube.

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #1,973 of 2,359
Update: Just bought a pair of Ety triflanges, snipped off a bit of the stem and put them on my Atrio. The isolation is better than Shure softflex but still not fantastic so I guess it something to do with the housing. Mids seem to be slightly more forward with a slight improvement to the treble, soundstage is roughly the same with the stock biflanges. Recommended.

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #1,978 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by lihao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone tell me how to get the best fit, and how deep these go into the canals

If you can't seem to get a good fit/seal when wearing the conventional way try wearing them over the ears; it allows for a deeper insertion. It goes quite deep if you're using the stock biflanges.

Hope this helps.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #1,979 of 2,359
I actually just found out that inserting the Atrio M5 too deeply in the ear canal will (at least to my ears) make the sound rather shrill, as well as causing the whole itchy ear scenario after about 10-15 minutes.

Now that I stopped shoving the M5 into my ear as far as they'd go, and instead stop once I get a seal, they're comfortable and produce great, warm sound. I'm using the stock medium double flange silicone tips (I use silicone tips with all my IEMs, BTW).

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #1,980 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually just found out that inserting the Atrio M5 too deeply in the ear canal will (at least to my ears) make the sound rather shrill, as well as causing the whole itchy ear scenario after about 10-15 minutes.

Now that I stopped shoving the M5 into my ear as far as they'd go, and instead stop once I get a seal, they're comfortable and produce great, warm sound. I'm using the stock medium double flange silicone tips (I use silicone tips with all my IEMs, BTW).

Interesting, when I used Shure softflex and inserted them until I just get the seal the sound was quite distant and not engaging.

Personally I have quite large ear canals so when I use the stock biflanges (medium for left and large for right) to even get the seal they have to sit quite deep in.

Fit is indeed pesky for the Atrio, I'm so tempted to get the custom tips for them (but that would delay my full customs
redface.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back