Futuresonics Atrio M5
Dec 2, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #1,936 of 2,359
Amazing deal... Just ordered a pair...

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #1,937 of 2,359
What the hell. These companies can't keep having deals for just the IEMs I freakin' want...!

Good thing I don't have a wife to worry about yelling at me for impulse purchases. =p

Ordered and shipped by 2 day air. Should have them Thursday/Friday, burned in by end of weekend.

My poor wallet.
frown.gif

(Let's see, $160+$183+$215...$558 spent in about two months in the name of IEMs.....Blast.)

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #1,938 of 2,359
I had a V1 earlier and sold it because of treble roll-off. How good is the treble response in V2. Much improved?

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #1,939 of 2,359
if anyone wants to do 50/50 with me, PM me. I'll pay the initial 200 + shipping and you pay me 100 + shipping from my house.

Actually hell, I suppose I could just order one and sell later lol

nvm i just missed the deal because I'm slow at typing.

fail.

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #1,940 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a V1 earlier and sold it because of treble roll-off. How good is the treble response in V2. Much improved?

The treble response is supposed to be much better now in the V2 (As many have said in the last few pages) at least after initial burn-in.

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #1,941 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcspectre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried to order just one earlier and my order was cancelled. You NEED to order two to get in on the deal. Great deal none the less....

Well I only a single pair as well, but my order has not been cancelled yet.. I hope it doesn't...

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #1,942 of 2,359
Damn. I just bought a pair of the M5s. Anyways, i'm new to the IEM realm. I recently purchased the Shure SE530 and the M5s. I am in love with the M5s, they sound really really good. It has very good bass, but lack on the mids and some highs. I only wish the Shures have the bass of the M5s. The M5s also feels really comfortable and easy to put on. Also, i am using the Shure sleeves (Black Olives) on the M5s, the isolation and SQ is a lot better. Overall, it is well built, sturdy, and SQ is amazing. I am very happy with the purchase.

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #1,943 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexinExile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I only a single pair as well, but my order has not been cancelled yet.. I hope it doesn't...

Scratch that they cancelled my order, but they let me order two and get the deal. If anyone wants to a buy a pair of M5s at $110 shipped CONUS PM me.

Edit: These have been sold

Dec 4, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #1,946 of 2,359
Wow, I wished I checked this thread more often. Can't believe I missed this deal by a couple days... Dam schoolwork!

Anyways, I love my M5 that I purchased several months ago. I banged em up a couple times that is why I wanted to get new ones and pawn my originals to my brother.

They have amazing bass and great mids. They are hooked up to my a829 and I have clear bass up to 3 along with pro bass and mid eq settings. The thump in my ear is good as long as the foamies are in good condition and maintain their shape. Once the foamies start degrading and loosing their fit, the decrease in bass in noticeable. The housing can rattle a bit when the bass is at an extreme. For reference, I listen to trance and house.

Btw, FS CSR is excellent. Had problems with the quality of a pair of large foamies. I emailed FS about the issue and they immediately replied and sent me several new pairs to replace the singe pair I had issues with. Good job FS! Also, bring back that deal again soon (would a copy of my student id help in getting the deal still)? hah

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #1,947 of 2,359
Quick question: what is the difference between the off-white foamies included and then Shure black foamies?

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #1,948 of 2,359
Well after nearly a week of listening the the Atrio's I have let them replace my EB5's as my main headphones. They are smoother more natural and i enjoy them more than my EB5's. The bass in the Atrio's is almost as punchy but not as boomy and they are more precise on bass without being thin.

So overall my EB5's were good but the Atrio's are a nice step up and gives you a warm but detailed sound without sacrificing a wonderfull bass foundation.

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #1,949 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well after nearly a week of listening the the Atrio's I have let them replace my EB5's as my main headphones. They are smoother more natural and i enjoy them more than my EB5's. The bass in the Atrio's is almost as punchy but not as boomy and they are more precise on bass without being thin.

So overall my EB5's were good but the Atrio's are a nice step up and gives you a warm but detailed sound without sacrificing a wonderfull bass foundation.

Glad you're enjoying them. They're outstanding, especially for the price. I could never get rid of mine.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #1,950 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you're enjoying them. They're outstanding, especially for the price. I could never get rid of mine.

So how do they compare to the Westone 3's in your opinion since you have both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back