Futuresonics Atrio M5
Dec 12, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #1,981 of 2,359
I use the stock biflanges (medium), and I can barely get a good seal (ears are almost too big. UE mediums are a great fit for me if that gives a proper perspective). Not saying it's hard, it's actually a great fit, just that if my ears were any larger I don't think I could get a seal at all with the stock tips because the large ones are so large.

I think when I insert the Atrio too deep, it puts the sound a little too close to the eardrum, which may account for the shrill sound. Maybe there's just too little space for the sound waves to expand/dissipate properly. I already have to put them pretty deep for a seal, but I usually like to have my IEMs sit flush against my ears, so I usually get a seal and then go another 1/8"-1/4" or so in order to *really* isolate myself. Doesn't work with the Atrio though, and only ruins the sound.

Dec 15, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #1,982 of 2,359
All-
I just wanted to post that I've been listening to the Atrios with JAYS silicon tips, with awesome results. It's very clear to my ears that they equal or even slightly exceed the Shure Olives for sound quality. I've got the v.2 Atrio, with no memory wire, and with these tips it's really nice to use them over the ears. The tips are quick and simple to get seated, and provide a great seal, without backing out at all. I hope some others find them as positive as I do.

Jays Black Sleeves 5 pair M @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #1,983 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All-
I just wanted to post that I've been listening to the Atrios with JAYS silicon tips, with awesome results. It's very clear to my ears that they equal or even slightly exceed the Shure Olives for sound quality. I've got the v.2 Atrio, with no memory wire, and with these tips it's really nice to use them over the ears. The tips are quick and simple to get seated, and provide a great seal, without backing out at all. I hope some others find them as positive as I do.

Jays Black Sleeves 5 pair M @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

think you can possible post some pics? i know that the atrios do require a longer tip. i tried using it with the sa6 and image tips. no good
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #1,984 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
think you can possible post some pics? i know that the atrios do require a longer tip. i tried using it with the sa6 and image tips. no good
frown.gif

Ah, yeah, the Sleek tips. I have tried as well... but they just slide down too far onto the earphone body. I wish they worked, because they are great (both with the Sleeks, and the Klipsch Images).

I'll take some photos as soon as I can with the tips on the Atrios. I can tell you they fit just fine. They're a bit longer than say Sony EX style silicon tips.

Dec 15, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #1,986 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the sleeks can be used but you have to cut the bottom off an unused triple flange so that there is a buffer, then the sleek will not have the sound tube sticking out.

Hey, awesome idea. I think I have an extra pair of the FS flange tips. I may just snip a bit of the inner tube from a pair of them, and slide that down onto the nozzle. About how much do you need? ...a couple mm?

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #1,987 of 2,359
Do the V2s improve on the highs/trebble by chance?

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #1,988 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the V2s improve on the highs/trebble by chance?

Yeah they've definitely improved the treble detail a bit, as well as mids. And in combination with the JAYS silicon tips, the v.2 is sounding pretty damn nice to me. Especially with the new Mustang amp.
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #1,989 of 2,359
haha! well, until i hear from other hardcore trance lovers that there is no strange plasticky echo on fast bass tracks, ill stay away: too bad as they have singularly been my favs ever.

just a couple of mm or if you want more, then use more. it is up to you how you fit your flanges. ive used this method for many many phones over the years. currently, it helps my victor fx500 foamies stay on my at ck10 short and somewhat thinner tube.

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #1,990 of 2,359
Here's a couple images of the JAYS tips on them. I'm using the larges. Sorry for the grainy pic showing down the opening, but I bumped up the contrast so it's visible how much space there is around the inside of the tip and the Atrio's nozzle. I think this helps contribute to opening up the treble.

DSC03532.JPG

DSC03531.JPG

Dec 16, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #1,992 of 2,359
I don't know why, but it seems that sometimes it takes several tries for posting images with Picasa albums. Maybe I should just post a link to the album itself instead. I updated the previous post, but we'll see how long they last.
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #1,994 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberburger101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, will the Jays tips slip off easily?

They come off easily by hand, but never have even shown any tendency to come off in the ears. It seems to be just right.

Dec 16, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #1,995 of 2,359
they look good and match the color scheme of the m5 well. thanks for the pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back