Futuresonics Atrio M5
Jul 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #1,636 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly what I was concerned about! Thank you for making this clear
smily_headphones1.gif

I will order the Atrio's today together with some Shure Medium Olives. I've allready been looking where I can order the M5's (I live in The Netherlands), but the options seem very limited. So I might even order them from FS themselves.

Tried handheldaudio? That's where I purchased mine, and I got some medium olives on ebay and can insert them much further than on that image above.

Jul 25, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #1,637 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried handheldaudio? That's where I purchased mine, and I got some medium olives on ebay and can insert them much further than on that image above.

Actually I did earlier, but after using the quick find, selecting FS and in-ear systems, nothing showed up. After just selecting FS they do show up.

I wrote an email to ask them if they sell the revision 2.

Jul 28, 2008 at 11:22 AM Post #1,638 of 2,359
i quite like the smooth character of my atrios but i'm finding theres too much bass and it overwhelms the rest of the music, is it worth trying different eartips or anything? otherwise they'll be for sale...

anyone else find them too bassy?

Jul 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #1,639 of 2,359
Well I just ordered mine from Handheld.co.uk and they will be shipping them today! I had some trouble with the CC on the site, but after calling them they helped me right away and in a very friendly way, big thumbs up!

I also ordered the Shure Olives Medium and can't wait to test them out.
My only concern now is that they maybe sound a bit like the Mylerone XBi's,
all bass and now mids/highs. Guess time will tell...

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #1,640 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Drinkwater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i quite like the smooth character of my atrios but i'm finding theres too much bass and it overwhelms the rest of the music, is it worth trying different eartips or anything? otherwise they'll be for sale...

anyone else find them too bassy?

have u tried burning them in for at least 100hrs? it will clean up the bass alot. Otherwise u cld want to try using either their Foam tips or complys.

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #1,642 of 2,359
i bought them used so should be burned in,

i'm using westone complys...

only other thing i can think of is maybe they are pointing the wrong way, but they seem to be fitting correctly, good seal, and comfy enough.

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #1,643 of 2,359
Got them a few weeks ago, along with a Cowon D2. My first impression was that of muddy water. Damn! A mistake! And I had made sure they fit properly in my ear, so there was no issue of muffled sound due to poor fit.

Anyway, firmware upgrade of the D2 improved matters somewhat, and after quite a few hours of playing I now feel Streisand is actually enjoyable on these small things, so burn-in is strongly indicated.

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #1,645 of 2,359
I'm using Shure EA120 Yellow foamies and it is more comfortable than the stock foamies supplied. Forget about the silicon flange, I never get it to seal properly sometimes it does but I always need to adjust it back when I'm walking.

But now I can forget to adjust after using Shure foamies
smily_headphones1.gif

IMO, the better seal you get, the better sound you'll hear
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #1,649 of 2,359
The flanges were also not right for me.
Also, the bigger FS foams are too big for my ears.
I've just ordered the T100 Standard Complys and the Shure Yellow Foamies. When they arrive I'll see which are best, and check back here to report.
Thanks guys!

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #1,650 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got them a few weeks ago, along with a Cowon D2. My first impression was that of muddy water. Damn! A mistake! And I had made sure they fit properly in my ear, so there was no issue of muffled sound due to poor fit.

Anyway, firmware upgrade of the D2 improved matters somewhat, and after quite a few hours of playing I now feel Streisand is actually enjoyable on these small things, so burn-in is strongly indicated.

Yes, as I have stated many many many times, the Atrio requires extensive burn-in before the drivers settle in. They do (as I recall) start out with recessed mids, muddy lows, and shrill highs, but that all evens out after 100 hours. [EDIT: And having just gotten a v2 pair, yeah, my statement still holds, though they still beat the hell out of my old burned-in EM3 straight out of the package! Great stuff!]

The D2 should be a great pairing with the Atrio, BTW.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back