Futuresonics Atrio M5
Jul 16, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #1,621 of 2,359
i'm tryin to get my hand on one of those babies!!!

but i haven't found a satisfactory answer regardin cable durability... they definitely don't seem as "well-made" as say the westone cables.. but you guys would know the best.. are they durable enough for long term normal/stage use? or do they feel flimsy and fragile?

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #1,622 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldfilm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best deal from an authorized seller w/warranty is $159 + shipping:

Atrio model m8 (Cobalt Blue) Professional Earph... (010046) at OWC

I'd check to make sure they are v2, since FS announced a new version of the Atrios (see the FS site). They may be v1, which isn't a bad deal, but you may want the latest version when it comes out.

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #1,623 of 2,359
whats different between atrio v1 & v2?

Jul 19, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #1,625 of 2,359
They say the drivers are still MG5 Pro... guess they only added 2Hz at the bottom end, on paper.
wink.gif
IIRC, my 1st gen Atrios already could reproduce 18Hz, more or less.

Jul 21, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #1,626 of 2,359
Imho, the cables on the Atrios are the best iem cables I've tried (out of Shure, UE, OVC).

They are noticeably thinner then the Shures, but have a bounciness (a kind of rubbery quality) that stops them from getting the irritating 'memory' that thicker cables do, and leads to wear.

They have very low levels of microphonics, and seem as strong as anything else I've tried. For me and the Atrios, they're one of the real plus, I wouldn't be too worried about the cables (compared to other non-detachable cables, that is).

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm tryin to get my hand on one of those babies!!!

but i haven't found a satisfactory answer regardin cable durability... they definitely don't seem as "well-made" as say the westone cables.. but you guys would know the best.. are they durable enough for long term normal/stage use? or do they feel flimsy and fragile?

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #1,627 of 2,359
I've been using the M8s for the past several months, and came to the part when I need to think about foam replacements.
First I though to get the famous and get it over with, but then I realized that there are so many options that I have, and I guess a little help will be essential in identifying the best one for me.

Now, I don't any experience other than the foamies that came with the M8s.
I didn't really like the bi-flangies - this is why I'm into foam.
And if choosing by sizes and the comfort of the foams, I prefer the smaller ones than the larger ones.
So without further ado, the options as I see them are:

Shure Olives
Shure Yellow foams
Shure Soft flex tips
Comply gray T100
Comply gray P500

These as i understand are the most commonly recommended.
Could you please refer to them as to sound quality, durability, and comfort.

Thanks a lot!

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #1,628 of 2,359
Hi all,

After browsing the boards for a while I think my next purchase will be the Atrio M5's or the E530's.

From what I've read the bass is the strongest on the M5's, so I'm leaning more towards those, BUT the looks...

Could anyone be so kind to post a picture of the M5's inserted in the ears? I've seen one picture somewhere in the beginning of the M5 topic, but would like a second opinion.

I've also read you can wear them in 2 different ways, if your ears are big enough, so I'd love to see the M5's worn in both ways if possible.

I hope someone is willing/able to help me out before I take the $$$ plunge....

Jul 24, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #1,629 of 2,359
who cares about how they look ... it's how they SOUND ... which is AWESOME!

Jul 24, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #1,630 of 2,359
try the jvc victor fx500.. it is pretty darn good. i am an ex-user of atrio m5's.. been a year with them.. i was blown away but the mid's and high's of the victor ... you might sacrifice 10% on the bass but you gain 50% on the mid's and high's.. i cant recommend them enough. and they are sooooo comfortable.. they are canal phones but surprisingly good isolation..

just try them..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #1,631 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who cares about how they look ... it's how they SOUND ... which is AWESOME!

Exactly. The other big rival to this, the Head-Direct RE1 look beyond ugly but they preform as well. Remember in anything electronic-based, it's it's usefulness and performance that counts, looks are secondary.

Jul 24, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #1,632 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember in anything electronic-based, it's it's usefulness and performance that counts, looks are secondary.

This usefulness reminds me one thing about my Atrios - I was going across the street, and long story short, a car went over them. I was shocked, and when I checked them - other than minor marks - as good as new!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #1,634 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, can you at least answer this question please?

[...]

When looking at this picture, can the M5's be inserted even deeper into the ear?

Sure they can...depending on the size of your ear canals and the type of tips you use. Also, Shure's gray silicone tips are much shorter than the stock Future Sonics biflanges and will likely bring the Atrios more flush to your head (if that's what you're concerned about vs. sheer depth of insertion).

Jul 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #1,635 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, Shure's gray silicone tips are much shorter than the stock Future Sonics biflanges and will likely bring the Atrios more flush to your head (if that's what you're concerned about vs. sheer depth of insertion).

That's exactly what I was concerned about! Thank you for making this clear
smily_headphones1.gif

I will order the Atrio's today together with some Shure Medium Olives. I've allready been looking where I can order the M5's (I live in The Netherlands), but the options seem very limited. So I might even order them from FS themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back