Futuresonics Atrio M5
Aug 17, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #662 of 2,359
ftt, let me know how the m5's sound with the iaudio7. I am also leaning towards one but may buy a 4gb meizu and wait fot the 16gb iaudio7.

Thanks for the comments tstarn06 and LabreaHead. I think whichever choice I make will sound good with the m5's. Peace

Aug 18, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #665 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://stores.ebay.com/iDealSound

You might want to try the large FS foamies first, before you spend any money. You might like them, and can get them direct from Futuresonics. I think they sound as good as the Shures, and I like the fit too. Just an idea.

Hmm...so I can't decide between the M5 and the mylarone X3. I see you have owned both. Can you remember any differences between them?

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #667 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the most ignorant statement I read on Head-Fi so far...

just a tongue in cheek coment i actually think the earphones are pretty good,gosh they ugly and cheap looking tho
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #668 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dealmaster00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm...so I can't decide between the M5 and the mylarone X3. I see you have owned both. Can you remember any differences between them?

I'll jump in, until Tstarn06 returns...
wink.gif

M5: good sound across the whole spectrum, "dark" sounding, laid back, good soundstage, very good isolation (especially with Shure foamies for me)

X3: lack of bass, "bright" sounding, precise, not bad soundstage, good isolation

M5 remind me of the HD650 (to a certain extent) sound signature wise, X3 remind me of Ety ER-6.

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #669 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a tongue in cheek coment i actually think the earphones are pretty good,gosh they ugly and cheap looking tho
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yep, they sure are no beauties... and my first pair crapped out after some weeks of careful usage - I'm on my second pair already...

But I forget all that once they're pumping music into my head.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #670 of 2,359
i don't find them that good or bad looking. my gf thinks they look much better than my ugly um2! haha, oh well. today, they rocked depeche mode - electronica is great with them, so sweet. trance is no go but... i remember when this thread was on its first 2 pages... my the time has gone. maybe in a few months, i will post on the custom fittings for them! i am a very sold futursonics boy

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #671 of 2,359
Quote:

Yep, they sure are no beauties... and my first pair crapped out after some weeks of careful usage - I'm on my second pair already...

smily_headphones1.gif

yep i will admit they do sound pretty nifty and do kick bass well,ive tried many earphones and my current top iem's are the one and only se530's but i tried these out the other day and gave them a good day or so of listening time,they do sound pretty good just let down by the looks,from what i read they are probly built poorly aswell considering your comment,time will tell,fortunately not my time tho

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #672 of 2,359
has anyone compared them directly to shures lower down the line phones,ive tried the se310 and liked them i own the se530 as mentioned and i own them because i loved them,but where in the pecking order do these ugly cans go,anyone wanna do some deep comparisons?

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #673 of 2,359
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

ah what happened to the first pair exactly? and how did you replace the pair (as in how well does the warranty work and what it takes to get a replacement)
just bought a second hand pair from the FS forum ,didn't know they can crap out of nowhere like that , that's the main reason why i didn't try the X3s

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #675 of 2,359
I have no direct A/B comparison, but I know the E2/3/4/5c from several listening tests... not my cup of coffee, like Ety phones. Too sterile, mostly, not enough listening fun in those, for my tastes. Shures conveyed no emotions, while the M5 gets my feet tapping every time. That's all I can say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back