Futuresonics Atrio M5
May 31, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #316 of 2,359
w00t!

I just got them and they sound great! A lot more bass than my old ER-6i's (almost a little too much)! I'll definitely burn them in.

I got them on ebay though from road dog online and apparently just got like an "OEM" version. Didn't come with instructions or in a box.

Anyone know what the loop cleaning tool is for?

May 31, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #317 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by irdepesca572 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
w00t!

I just got them and they sound great! A lot more bass than my old ER-6i's (almost a little too much)! I'll definitely burn them in.

I got them on ebay though from road dog online and apparently just got like an "OEM" version. Didn't come with instructions or in a box.

Anyone know what the loop cleaning tool is for?

The inside of the sound tube, along the edges, just in case.

Jun 2, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #318 of 2,359
I got my M5's yesterday (finally!) and after 10 hours of overnight pink noise burn in they are the best IEM's I've ever heard! I can't believe how great this purchase was! The bass is all there without being overpoweringly thuddy (yes I made up a new word) The mids are super clear and the highs are the best I've heard on an IEM. They work great with the large dual flanges and I'm going to have to throw away their pinkish foamies because they clearly won't be useful for more than a month but I did pick up some Shure Olives and they work perfectly with the M5's and provide a bit more isolation than the flanges. Goodbye subway noise! Thanks for all the reviews and info, guys. Best 130 bucks I've spent in a long time, and the case is sturdy and even has room for me to store my mp3 player too! I'm going to burn these in more overnight for a couple weeks and see if they get even better!

Jun 2, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #320 of 2,359
Some pics, if you like it or not.
wink.gif

P6021717-720.jpg

P6021719-720.jpg

P6021723-720.jpg

P6021724-720.jpg

P6021725-720.jpg

Jun 2, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #321 of 2,359
Oh man I was just about to do that! That's some excellent photography there, my friend! The construction is so much better than what I've thought I'd get according to the fuzzy pictures we've seen thus far and I'm very happy with them. I especially like the little "rip-cord" that zips up the two drivers together so they won't tangle up in the case, which I love to have gotten as well. It's so functional. I carry my Zen V Plus in it now in my bag whereever I go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #322 of 2,359
Great thread, very interested in this new option. I have seen an "M8" version online, which is referred to in the description as the "M58". Is this the same as the M5? I haven't read any reference to this. Thanks.

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #323 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great thread, very interested in this new option. I have seen an "M8" version online, which is referred to in the description as the "M58". Is this the same as the M5? I haven't read any reference to this. Thanks.

Basically the M5 and M8 are the same. Check Future Sonics website.

Jun 4, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #326 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some pics, if you like it or not.
wink.gif

P6021717-720.jpg

P6021719-720.jpg

P6021723-720.jpg

P6021724-720.jpg

P6021725-720.jpg

that my friend, is exactly the same setup i have. today i listened to the m5 with my gf nano - wonderful. they are great as the hiss is much less noticeable than with many other iems. they have a full sound even from the very lean ipod stock amp.

thank you for the nice pics as well mate

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #328 of 2,359
I've got a special request - could someone owning the new Shure foamies post a comparison pic, showing them next to the Atrio foamies and silicone tips?

I'd like to order some of the Shure "olives", but like to know how large the "small/medium/larges" actually are.

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #329 of 2,359
Here goes nothing...this is my first post here
eggosmile.gif
, so I'm not sure if my picture will work.

The Shure olive (size large) is on the far left. As you may be able to see, they aren't as deep as any of the atrio tips.

Unfortunately, the large olives were a little too fat for my particular canals, so I can't comment on the sound much, but I did find that the Shure tips were a little harder (stickier) to remove from the Atrio's stem. Because of this, I settled on the included large foamies, which isolated better and didn't quite inject as much bass (albeit, great bass) into my head as the large silicons did with certain sources and songs.

newcopy1jw7.jpg

Jun 7, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #330 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark6.190059 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here goes nothing...this is my first post here
eggosmile.gif
, so I'm not sure if my picture will work.

The Shure olive (size large) is on the far left. As you may be able to see, they aren't as deep as any of the atrio tips.

Unfortunately, the large olives were a little too fat for my particular canals, so I can't comment on the sound much, but I did find that the Shure tips were a little harder (stickier) to remove from the Atrio's stem. Because of this, I settled on the included large foamies, which isolated better and didn't quite inject as much bass (albeit, great bass) into my head as the large silicons did with certain sources and songs.

When you run out of FS foamies, you can try the Comply regular foamies from Westone, which work really well with the M5s too. I use the Shure black medium on my left ear, and the Comply short foamies (gray) on my right ear. Ear canals are often unsymmetrical, so two different sizes can work best.

Anyway, I find foamies much better than flanges for my tastes, but others find the opposite to be true. All I know is, the tips make a major difference in enjoying the Atrios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back