Futuresonics Atrio M5
Sep 13, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #796 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After debating between these and the Super.Fi Pros for some time, I finally pulled the trigger from road dog for $139.99 inclusive of shipping, and the Shure Foamies from Amazon, all in anticipation of the new Ipod. Am still debating whether to spring for the Super.Fi's as well.

Hopefully these will keep me happy for a looooong while cos' everytime I visit these forums after a few months, there's something new to buy!!!

Know the feeling (about something new every few months). But so far, every time I get the itch to consider something new, I plop in the M5s, unamped, and listen. A great tonic for scratching that itch (though I did buy a pair of those new metal Maximo canal phones for $22 after rebate). Guess what? They are worth just about $22. Duh.

At least keeping the urge to buy under $30 is cost effective in the long run.

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #797 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Know the feeling (about something new every few months). But so far, every time I get the itch to consider something new, I plop in the M5s, unamped, and listen. A great tonic for scratching that itch (though I did buy a pair of those new metal Maximo canal phones for $22 after rebate). Guess what? They are worth just about $22. Duh.

I know what you mean!

My last craving is for Equation RP22.
I see you did too! RP21!!!

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #798 of 2,359
I have had these (M5 with Shure Foamies) for 2 weeks and am in love with them. Especially tha bass.
I sleep with them every night
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #799 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After debating between these and the Super.Fi Pros for some time, I finally pulled the trigger from road dog for $139.99 inclusive of shipping, and the Shure Foamies from Amazon, all in anticipation of the new Ipod. Am still debating whether to spring for the Super.Fi's as well.

Hopefully these will keep me happy for a looooong while cos' everytime I visit these forums after a few months, there's something new to buy!!!

How did you get $139.99 with shipping? Did you use the "Best Offer" tool? How much did you offer him? If I can get it with $139.99 with shipping, I'm buying these right on the spot...

Even with a $130 offer... the shipping cost me $20...

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #800 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you get $139.99 with shipping? Did you use the "Best Offer" tool? How much did you offer him? If I can get it with $139.99 with shipping, I'm buying these right on the spot...

Even with a $130 offer... the shipping cost me $20...

US Domestic Shipping is $9.99.

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #801 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know what you mean!

My last craving is for Equation RP22.
I see you did too! RP21!!!

And I just got back from a long walk with the PK1s and an amp (Penguin classic) and they sound so good, it's hard to choose between them and th eM5s.

Yes, I got the RP21s, but I don't use them much. I was going to sell them, but backed off. Again, often can't choose between the RP21s and the SR80s.

But as for higher-budgeted items, I am done for now. I like the low-budget, near hi-fi value prop. Well, maybe one of those 80GB iPod Classics for $249...

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #802 of 2,359
Quote:

But as for higher-budgeted items, I am done for now. I like the low-budget, near hi-fi value prop. Well, maybe one of those ...

This is hard to believe!
Not interested in the new Q-Jays?

regards,

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #804 of 2,359
No, enough phones for me. Done. I was gonna say, one of those 80 GB iPod Classics for $249.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is hard to believe!
Not interested in the new Q-Jays?

regards,

Sep 14, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #805 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by suba3333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt...thanks for that. I did a bit more reading around here and have come across 1-2 posts where they mention that the wire got badly discoloured due to sweating, which I normally do during sports ....plus I live in a hot climate so I don't even have to exercise before I start sweating! Were these one offs and has the probelm being fixed with better (sweat proof) wire?

With mine, the outer clear sleeves pulled out from the rubber housing... and slid down the wire. I promptly cut the copper memory wire (I used a fingernail clipper to do this), and later on used an exacto knife (VERY CAREFULLY) to slit the sleeves. Now I just wear them with the Shure Olives reversed (this gives a great seal), over the ear, with the chin slider up pretty close to the chin. This gives a nice solid fit, which should not budge during running, or working out.

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #806 of 2,359
cn11, thanks for that. I see that you just bought the C700....waiting for your impressions....

Sep 15, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #807 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
over the ear, with the chin slider up pretty close to the chin. This gives a nice solid fit, which should not budge during running, or working out.

Try with the cord running down the back of your neck and the "chin slider" semi snug on the back of your head. I do this with my q-JAYS and it works great (over the ear and sinched up tight behind my head cord running through my t-shrt down my back (exess cord through some belt loops) to my iPod on a belt clip...) No cord in front to get in the way, very discreet, stealthy even.
Cheers

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #808 of 2,359
Quote:

I agree. After buying the Atrio's I have never wanted to buy another IEM.

However, I did upgrade my main source to a top 5 (in the SQ department) flash player. :p

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #809 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. After buying the Atrio's I have never wanted to buy another IEM.

However, I did upgrade my main source to a top 5 (in the SQ department) flash player. :p

I am tempted to try a pair of those Denon canalphones, C700s. But at $130 (on ebay) and reviews that say they are close to the M5s, doesn't seem worth it. My PK1s and Atrios are enough. Oh, I did pick up a pair of Senn PX-100s, and they sound amazingly good. The white ones were only $30 at newegg.com. Very impressive SQ for the money, much better than the Maximos.

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #810 of 2,359
Oh, today I decided to try the bi-flanges (medium) that came with the Atrios, and to my shock, they sounded pretty darn good. I am sick of the crap on foamies, and found the foamies were starting to lose their iso qualities. I figured why not try the flanges out? Wow, they sounded great. And the mediums didn't feel too tight. Iso-wise, they completely sealed out sound. I A/B tested them with FS foamies, Shure olives and Comply (regular) tips, and I felt the highs were a bit more crisp with the flanges. And the bass was still great. Dunno. Maybe it was a freak thing. But I am going to keep using them. Of course, it takes time to get the right seal. Not too deep is the secret, I think. Anyone else using the flanges with success?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back