Futuresonics Atrio M5
Aug 11, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #1,681 of 2,359
you might notice that some resolution and carity is gone, i went from the M5 to the Triple.fi, and at first it didnt seem like a big change, untill going back the M5 was very "fuzzy"

Aug 11, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #1,682 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by wired00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi dfkt

I noticed you also have se530's. I recently lost my 530's (think they fell out of my laptop bag on the bus)
frown.gif
Anyway im considering m5's as a replacement.

How do the M5's compare to se530? I loved my 530's although im interested in the m5's often said to be "natural" sounding.

Hey dfkt, thanks for your response about the vibes and the M5 but I'm also curious about se530 compared to the M5s. Should I just makethe jump and get the se530 or I should be satisfied with the M5s.

I really enjoy Classic Rock and listen to bands like Boston, Wolfmother, Led Zepplin, and Lynard Skynard. Even though I enjoy bass would I be suffering from the M5 bass taking away from the res of the spectrum?

This question is open for all people who both have listened to M5s and SE530s.

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Izzy

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #1,683 of 2,359
I'm currently trying to decide between m5's or Ultrasone 780s for my next purchase. I really liked the sound of the 530's but i sometimes found them a little fatiguing. I'm a programmer and pretty much listen to music non stop at work via my d2. I want something easy to listen to with decent bass. dfkt mentions in his glowing review of the m5s that he listens to reggae and drum & bass so based on us having some similar genre preferences i think i'll give them a try
wink.gif

The 530's are fantastic but I'm not prepared to lay down another $310US+ and have them sent over from US again : /

People complain about the 530's "rolling off" on highs but this isn't an issue for me, i don't want bright phones or IEM. ie, im currently listening to a mates SR80's and especially with dub reggae and dubstep they are just too bright for my liking. Which is why i worry i might not like the HFI780s either, i hear they are quite bright.

While im still deciding i'll continue hoping and hoping and hoping that the 530's turn up somewhere... O.o

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #1,684 of 2,359
haha. you can try my atrio's im in syd as well.

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #1,685 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha. you can try my atrio's im in syd as well.

You sir, just made my day
beerchug.gif

PM sent

Aug 11, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #1,686 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by wired00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi dfkt

I noticed you also have se530's. I recently lost my 530's (think they fell out of my laptop bag on the bus)
frown.gif
Anyway im considering m5's as a replacement.

How do the M5's compare to se530? I loved my 530's although im interested in the m5's often said to be "natural" sounding.

Well, the Atrios don't quite have the clarity/precision of the SE530, and not that "snappy" fast attack speeds like armatures - but they have better/deeper bass and a similar rolled-off treble (i.e. they're non-fatiguing to me). Maybe the Atrios have a little bit wider soundstage as well.

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #1,687 of 2,359
Can everyone post a picture of yourself wearing atrio m5?
want to judge if i'll look bad and get laughed at or look weird when i wear it to school
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #1,689 of 2,359
Hey that's discreet.
A few posts back, the one wore by shigzeo looked really out and outstanding and weird.
Did he not wear properly or did you change the tips?

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #1,690 of 2,359
This is with the stock silicon bi-flanges, medium size. It seems a lot of people have issues inserting the Atrios properly. Ear canals aren't straight, it's impossible to force the IEM in in a straight way. It has to be nudged from a certain angle, then it goes in easily.

Aug 11, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #1,691 of 2,359
Thanks for the picture.
It looks really cool in that picture. now i can't wait to get it.
thanks alot!!
its so discreet!! can't believe anyone said that they were ugly.

Aug 11, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #1,692 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the Atrios don't quite have the clarity/precision of the SE530, and not that "snappy" fast attack speeds like armatures - but they have better/deeper bass and a similar rolled-off treble (i.e. they're non-fatiguing to me). Maybe the Atrios have a little bit wider soundstage as well.

So would this mean that the SE530 will be better for rock? Or that it that its just more universally friendly?

Is anyone a huge Classic Rock listener around this parts? Do these do that genre well?

Cheers,

Izzy

Aug 12, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #1,693 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is with the stock silicon bi-flanges, medium size. It seems a lot of people have issues inserting the Atrios properly. Ear canals aren't straight, it's impossible to force the IEM in in a straight way. It has to be nudged from a certain angle, then it goes in easily.

I also find this to be very true. If you've read through this long thread, you'd see how many users (including myself) have complained about the fit with the stock flanges. On certain days, one attempt would be enough to get a difficult seal, but there are many days where it takes several attempts (on a really bad day, it once took me nearly 20 minutes!). Using Complys or Shure olives would make it much easier, but they both muddle up the treble even more (and isn't the treble already recessed enough?).

Aug 12, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #1,694 of 2,359
How about those custom thingies you use instead of flanges, olives and whatnots: how is the sound quality with those?

Aug 12, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #1,695 of 2,359
why is it hard to get a good fit. I mean. Just insert it in and if u get it right then you insert the same way again?
sry i haven't got it and i have no idea how it feels like to be unable to get a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back