Futuresonics Atrio M5
Aug 24, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #1,713 of 2,359
I disagree with the above. The biflanges sound great if you get a great seal. howeverthey keep moving and popping out and are not worth the trouble.

foam tips are ok but they are just that...foam

Aug 24, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #1,714 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by willsterstyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it looks like the idealsound store is down.

Anybody have other recommendations for a smaller pouch for the M5s?

you can still buy from discountheadphones.com its run by the same guy as idealsound.

I use the Etymotic ER6i zipper pouch for my future sonics.

Aug 29, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #1,715 of 2,359
how does the m5/8 compare to the UE super.fi 5 EB?

Aug 29, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #1,716 of 2,359
I love the case because it fits my Sony NWZ-A829 and Atrio's perfectly.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #1,717 of 2,359
I have just received my M5 and out of the box, they are not up to my expectations. I have used XBi and Futuresonics FS1. Its like a slight improvement over FS1.
The source i use is D2
I will post my impressions after 40hrs of burning

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #1,718 of 2,359
"they are not up to my expectations"

What ear tips have you used with them (I recommend Future Sonics, Shure or Comply foamies)? What source/EQ setting?

Let the pink noise do its thing, and make sure you have a good fit ... hope you aren't disappointed.

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #1,720 of 2,359
I doubt that it is fake...

The newest version of the M5/8's don't have the memory wire.

Paul

Sep 1, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #1,721 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenvk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some one please help.
The M5 that i have received has no memory wire, is it fake? i have taken it from Roaddogonline ebay....

RoadDog is a very reputable authorized dealer....you have no worries whatsoever.

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #1,723 of 2,359
why worry about the memory wire?best IEM i ever owned...it rawks.

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #1,724 of 2,359
yeah, i actually would have preferred them without memory wire.

and...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree with the above. The biflanges sound great if you get a great seal. howeverthey keep moving and popping out and are not worth the trouble.

foam tips are ok but they are just that...foam

i was telling my problems with most tips: as i have small ear canals, nothing really works for me. i am using small audio technica now and feel my ear canals pleading for room. if you had my ears, by all means, feel free to disagree with me. however, i think it was just funny what you wrote as it is not a comparable feature: your ears and mine as we have never met.

i found the small bi flange to be my favs but they shifted too much. i used the black sponge from shure and they were somewhat comfortable but too big and darkened the sound too much.

bi's from futuresonics and no eating or talking or moving: the sound was heavenly

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #1,725 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenvk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some one please help.
The M5 that i have received has no memory wire, is it fake? i have taken it from Roaddogonline ebay....

As others have said, the v2 Atrio does not have the memory wire. I've had both. Sound is about the same between them, if memory serves (don't have the v1 anymore to compare). The v2 seems a but sturdier, though.

And yes, you should notice a DRAMATIC improvement over the FS1 if you've allowed for proper burn in. Your have a good source, but make sure you are testing out a nicely dynamic music file. Try a FLAC of Bjork's Debut, for example. Really shows off what the Atrio is capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back