Futuresonics Atrio M5
May 18, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #1,561 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjcerny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So we all agree that the M5's low end can't be beat for the price, but what about comfort? I love my M5's, but I was wondering if anyone owns a pair of closed full-sized headphones that manage to sound similar to the A5. I'd love to have something full-sized that I can immediately slap on and wear for hours that really a similar sound to the M5. Any experiences with that?

I don't know if I would call it similar but I would call it comparable. Meaning it's in the same sound quality, price range. The audio technica ES7 is nice. It does need a long burn in and has deep bass for sure
wink.gif

May 18, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #1,563 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shindengumi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the difference between the Atrio M5 and M8?

Also how do they stack up against the UE superfi pros in terms of bass?

Thanks

The colour differs. One is black with a blue ring, the M8 is blue with a black ring. I haven't seen M5 on sale before, so I would assume they're far more popular.

When it comes to bass, I've read that they are among the best for this level of IEM (so they stand a pretty good chance against the UE Superfi 5Pro in bass).

May 20, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #1,564 of 2,359
Just received my Atrios today and have been experimenting the seal/fit for couple of last hours already
rolleyes.gif
I guess I'm going for the medium double sleeves - there's perfect seal and the bass flows nice and deep.
Got'em from Ebay "roaddogonline" user - it's definitely a real bargain, even for Europeans despite of EU customs and shipping fees!

Thought I could finish reading this massive Atrio thread before getting my IEMs...but naah, made only half of it
biggrin.gif

But thanks anyways
wink.gif
- I think I chose the right pair of headphones.

believe your ears ™
cool.gif

May 21, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #1,565 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by MitchriX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my Atrios today and have been experimenting the seal/fit for couple of last hours already
rolleyes.gif
I guess I'm going for the medium double sleeves - there's perfect seal and the bass flows nice and deep.
Got'em from Ebay "roaddogonline" user - it's definitely a real bargain, even for Europeans despite of EU customs and shipping fees!

Thought I could finish reading this massive Atrio thread before getting my IEMs...but naah, made only half of it
biggrin.gif

But thanks anyways
wink.gif
- I think I chose the right pair of headphones.

believe your ears ™
cool.gif

Yeah i been hearing mine more and more lately and do enjoy them a lot. try some shure yellow foam sleeves sometime. I think you might like them, they seem to give the atrios just a little more of a warm tone and still are more clearer in the mids then the stock atrios yellow foamies.

May 23, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #1,567 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if I would call it similar but I would call it comparable. Meaning it's in the same sound quality, price range. The audio technica ES7 is nice. It does need a long burn in and has deep bass for sure
wink.gif

the atrio is not directly translatable to any full size phone but my dt770 reminds much much of the atrio but it is somewhat more energetic up top. the hd600 also reminds me of it but naturally is much more spacious. both are not too energetic but the hd600's incredible bass that has a nice dry bottom is very like the atrio as well as the entire dry presentation. the dt770 has the darkish sound and excellent well extended bass of the atrio. that is about as close as i have heard

May 26, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #1,569 of 2,359
Look for a post by dkft in this thread. He has a picture of himself wearing them over ear.

A question for owners from a soon-owner: Are these wearable/good the regular dangling down way? Assume I will be stationary (eg. working at a desk). For out and about situations, I will use the on ear method.

May 26, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #1,572 of 2,359
Me too, though the picture of jpnz is gratifying enough ...

dkft is admin over at anythingbutipod, btw.

May 26, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #1,574 of 2,359
May 27, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #1,575 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

I'm considering to buy me some m5's, but i was wondering if they stick out too much? I've tried to search a picture of someone wearing them, but no luck yet..

They don't stick out too much but they definitely stick out more than the UM2. I can wear my UM2s underneath a pair of Audio Technica ATH-ANC7s active noise cancelling headphones (for extra noise cancelling on planes, playing music only through the UM2s) with no problem. The M5s stick out too much to wear with the ATH-ANC7s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look for a post by dkft in this thread. He has a picture of himself wearing them over ear.

A question for owners from a soon-owner: Are these wearable/good the regular dangling down way? Assume I will be stationary (eg. working at a desk). For out and about situations, I will use the on ear method.

I wear them hanging down but I have removed the memory wire for more comfort. Before removing the memory wire, I felt as if the wire was poking me in the face when wearing them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back