Futuresonics Atrio M5
May 13, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #1,531 of 2,359
Very nice and informative thread.
What is the best price I can get the Future Sonics Atrio M5/8 for? I only know of RoadDogOnline which sells them for 179$. Are there any other, cheaper places to purchase this IEM from?

May 13, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #1,532 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Envoy of Light /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice and informative thread.
What is the best price I can get the Future Sonics Atrio M5/8 for? I only know of RoadDogOnline which sells them for 179$. Are there any other, cheaper places to purchase this IEM from?

If you use the Offer feature on RoadDog's ebay store, you can get them for as little as $140. Others on this forum have also done so.

May 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #1,533 of 2,359
Thank you for the useful information, robojack.
smily_headphones1.gif

I highly appreciate it.
Can you possibly refer me to RodDog's eBay store?

May 13, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #1,534 of 2,359
In terms of tips, I still recommend using Etymotic grey foamies with the Atrios, they really open up the mids and make the highs sing. If you're more into the heavy bass, go with either Complys or Shure olive foamies.

Atrios definitely benefit from burn-in, I think mine didn't really settle into the sound that I love until somewhere between 50 and 100 hours. I burned them in for probably about 40 hours using a custom combination of pink noise and multitone randomized scales, the rest of it was pure listening.

I used my Atrios for working out for well over a year, they're just fine for that. Absolutely fantastic IEMs for the price -- as you can see from my .sig, I tried to upgrade from them many times and the only ones that have tempted me to stay upgraded are the Sleek SA6. (Which are twice the price, but are so very, very nice)

May 13, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #1,536 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have them in stock and you can use the 5% discount if you are interested.

Ah ... d*mn. Ordered from you this week-end (amazon.com) and didn't know about those 5%. That should teach me to click the sponsor banners. Quick delivery, though.

May 14, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #1,537 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In terms of tips, I still recommend using Etymotic grey foamies with the Atrios, they really open up the mids and make the highs sing. If you're more into the heavy bass, go with either Complys or Shure olive foamies.

The Future Sonics foams are awesome for SQ!!! They are a bad colour choice but if you keep your ears clean, its not too bad. They only last about 3 weeks per pair, but you will get fantastic SQ for those 3 weeks!!!

May 14, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #1,538 of 2,359
that is me. i listen only to trance so my experiences are hours per day. it does annoy me. i sold my denon for a similar reason as they were uncontrolled in the bass. the atrio are miles ahead but if trance is everything to you - please do not dismiss what i say. these are my favouite iem

i really should mention that from the very start, i was annoyed with sony ex51 for the plastic, then very much so with the cx300. i bought the um2 and found no plastic boom at all but they were too mid oriented without a good stage. great separation but other wise it was not so good. er4s nothing at all and e500 were clean as well.

it think it has to do with dynammics and their housing. it is very sensitive. the denon had strange echo or something. the atrio plastic boomed and my victors are clean but they do not share as good of construction as they atrio nor are they iems.

honestly, if you spend as much time listening to trance as i do (i have listened to the entire a state of trance series multiple times) then you will probably feel as i do unless you don't care much about this sort of thing. i never was bothered with it in any other music as none of them were fast enough at all.

May 15, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #1,539 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by navmau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Future Sonics foams are awesome for SQ!!! They are a bad colour choice but if you keep your ears clean, its not too bad. They only last about 3 weeks per pair, but you will get fantastic SQ for those 3 weeks!!!

I agree, i switched around with a few other sleeves but came back to the original stock foamies as the best sound. Damn I got to buy some more now hehehe but in a pinch I also use shure foamies and they also sound good, a bit more sharper treble actually and sometimes thats ok for some recordings.

May 16, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #1,540 of 2,359
I'm going to get Shure black foam sleeves. Does anybody know how to choose a size, or should I just guess? Traditionally I have used stock small or medium silicon ones (eg. ones with the OVC/Mylarone). Is it safe to get the medium size and let it squeeze into my ear? Or should I just stick with small?

May 16, 2008 at 10:00 AM Post #1,541 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you use the Offer feature on RoadDog's ebay store, you can get them for as little as $140. Others on this forum have also done so.

I don't know if it still works. About a month and a half ago i tried it and they told me they were firm at 160+shipping and that they had no idea how people were getting it for 140, "must not be true."

May 16, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #1,542 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if it still works. About a month and a half ago i tried it and they told me they were firm at 160+shipping and that they had no idea how people were getting it for 140, "must not be true."

I made a thread about rising prices recently. It's probably to cover the rising costs of transportation and the dropping American dollar.

But saying they never sold them for 140 is a lie
tongue.gif

May 17, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #1,545 of 2,359
I paid $160 for mine as well, directly at Future Sonics' website. I too think they're worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back