Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!)
Aug 23, 2010 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Anaxilus

Headphoneus Supremus
*UPDATE*  Now w/ reviews!

Kunlun's review here.

[size=x-small]Ear Monitors® [size=xx-small]Brand [/size]Custom Fit Professional Earphones, celebrating 25 Years, now feature our NEW MG6pro™ proprietary miniature dynamic transducers. The 13mm mg6pro™ dynamic speakers, designed & manufactured by Future Sonics, are multi-driver & crossover free; delivering warm, full range audio for use on Stage, in the Studio & with personal media players. Ear Monitors® audio signature, reliability and workmanship allow performers to hear themselves with exceptional clarity; while our BIGGER SOUND at lower volume™ promise continues to deliver the best sonic performance possible.[/size]

[size=x-small]Features & Specifications:
• MG6Pro™ Proprietary 13mm Dynamic Drivers
• 18Hz - 20,000Hz TrueTimber Response
• 34ohm Impedance
• Sensitivity 112db
• +/-20db Ambient Noise Rejection (A.N.R)
• 100% Armature & Crossover Free Technology
• 100% Seviceable (other then driving over them w/ a car) 
• 50" standard cable / replaceable
• Hinged Hardshell Case 
• Loop Cleaning Brush & Product Manual 
• Additional sized LFV Vents 
• 30 Day Fit Garuantee
• 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty[/size]

$898

http://futuresonics.ypguides.net/store/item/1z4hh/Ear_Monitors/Ear_Monitors_Brand_personal_monitors_Clear.html

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 66

Quote:
1 bump before I let it die.

Sorry, man. You're required to get the Future Sonics dynamic-driver customs and write a review for me.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 66

Quote:
Sorry, man. You're required to get the Future Sonics dynamic-driver customs and write a review for me.

Or, we can cut our pinkie fingers and touch the blood together like some sort of pre-HIV pre-teen girl pact and take the plunge together.

Those are your options. Choose wisely.

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 66
Yeah, didn't read too many overtly positive things about the Future Sonics so for the price they didn't fit into my schemes.  Swapping Hiv is still a possibility though.  

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 66

Quote:
Yeah, didn't read too many overtly positive things about the Future Sonics so for the price they didn't fit into my schemes.  Swapping Hiv is still a possibility though.  

Sweet!

We should be getting a review of the newer FS customs from Ephemeral Hope. He said it'll take him a few weeks (he's away on business) but he promised--no pinkie swear, though.

I may end up with FS customs, we'll see.

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 66

Quote:
Keep us posted.  I'll convert this to the FS customs thread once the crickets get done w/ it.

I wrote David Gray at FS and got a quick response. I asked about hearing a demo via a FS dealer or whatever and his exact response was "Sure. Where do you live?" So, it's not a problem to demo these customs, apparently.
He said the mg6 adds treble extention and "headspace".
I also asked for a discount and he gave me one, so that's very nice as well.

He answered my question about the vents (they adjust bass by only a db or two).

In terms of servicing out of warranty, the hardshells are fully servicable and most repairs are under a $100. Of course, they can upgrade everything (driver, sockets, cable, tuning and testing) in the event of a new driver for $200 (the mg6pro just came out, but for years to come it's pretty great).

I'm certainly going to listen to the demos for these and the JH. What's wrong with Westone for not having demos available for it's dealers?

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #9 of 66
Wow nice!  Time to change the title, screw it.  Now that my Arrow is incoming I should see about a demo myself.  I see they are Xover free, might resolve some issues I've been having w/ some IEMs.  So I assume these are hard acrylic since they have a moving diaphragm/vent?

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #11 of 66

Quote:
Most important aspect, the pricing, is not on the first page :)

Because they are priceless.  
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 66

Quote:
Wow nice!  Time to change the title, screw it.  Now that my Arrow is incoming I should see about a demo myself.  I see they are Xover free, might resolve some issues I've been having w/ some IEMs.  So I assume these are hard acrylic since they have a moving diaphragm/vent?

"Swapping HIV thread" can be the subtitle.

Ahem,

I, the Great Kunlun, have already seen the future and predicted your question! I asked the Future Sonic some days ago about the shells! There are two options:
"Firm canals" are acrylic, I think.
The "Soft canals" are silicon, I think.

I'll quote the FS customer service representative's answer to my question regarding the two shell choices below:
If the Ear Impressions are taken properly, I always tell clients that the fit of the Firm Canal & Soft canal should be the same. I think it’s just an opinionated situation. You are correct in that the Soft canal EMs are only warranted for 90 days and are NOT 100% Serviceable. The Firm Canal EM’s have a 1 year manufactures warranty & are essentially 100% Serviceable. Yes, there is definitely a durability difference between the Soft & Firm, however there is truly no sound difference.

Oh, could you put "customs" somewhere in the title? I'm not sure very many people know what the MG6pro refers to.

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #14 of 66
Those look sick! I've always wanted to hear what a proper FS dynamic custom sounds like.

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #15 of 66

Quote:
Those look sick! I've always wanted to hear what a proper FS dynamic custom sounds like.

X2, when I win the lotto it's going to be a pair of these and a pair of ES5s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back