Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
May 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #751 of 1,216
I have 2 Cowons D2 and D2+ and they have good amount of power 74MWatts. I can push big headphones with it too.
Quote:
Thanks man for the info. Read from some forum (can't remember where) saying that the cable was the issue. Was thinking it doesn't make much of any sense.

May 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #752 of 1,216
Yeah the Atrios loves power and a nice amp will open them up. I have been using the Atrios with the iBasso DX100 which has good power and wow the Atrios sounds like a custom earphone at times.
Quote:

I've now had my Atrios for a couple of weeks and love the sound. They sound clear and the bass is phenomenal. And although my Cowon D2 drives these well, they do benefit from an amp. When used with my cmoy amp, the bass hits more powerfully and have better definition. But either way, you're going to love the way these IEMs sound.

May 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #754 of 1,216
I was listening to a song that I heard many many times well when I was listening to that song with the Atrios with an amp the other day I was suddenly happilly shocked and bewildered when I heard not the bass which I always heard but some sound that was well below the bass  as if this sound was a basement a huge underground room that is actually bigger then the house (house = bass and basement= sub-bass). This sound was the SUB-BASS from the Atrios and I was shocked cause the sound stage from the SUB-BASS was wider then the bass! I was actually talking to myself are these the same 5 year old earphones? They were and I replayed that song many times just to experienced that sound.

May 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #755 of 1,216
Jumped on the Atrio train today. Should have them by tomorrow.

They are only two weeks old but the seller no longer has the large silicon tri tips apparently.

If anyone has some large tri stock Atrio tips they never use please let me know as I have quite large ears and this could cause a problem.

May 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #756 of 1,216
I only will use the Shure foamy tips , best for good isolation. you can buy all the tips you need in most places and they will fit the Atrios.
Quote:
Jumped on the Atrio train today. Should have them by tomorrow.

They are only two weeks old but the seller no longer has the large silicon tri tips apparently.

If anyone has some large tri stock Atrio tips they never use please let me know as I have quite large ears and this could cause a problem.

May 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #757 of 1,216
Quote:
I only will use the Shure foamy tips , best for good isolation. you can buy all the tips you need in most places and they will fit the Atrios.

Well what he has is the foam tips that come with the Atrio package unused but only the med silicon tri flanges. I was reading I can decore those foam tips and fit any Hybrid or same size tip nozel over those cores. If that's the case then I have loads of tips to try.

May 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #758 of 1,216
You can buy all kinds of tips for the Atrios the main thing about the Atrios is achieving a good fit.
Quote:
Well what he has is the foam tips that come with the Atrio package but only the med silicon tri flanges. I was reading I can decore those foam tips and fit any Hybrid or same size tip nozel over those cores. If that's the case then I have loads of tips to try.

May 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #760 of 1,216
Good luck and I think the Atrios is one of the best yep I said it one of the best earphones you can get. When I first got them some 5 years ago I put the silicon tips and thought they were a piece of S _ i_, then I read about foamy tips which I had on the Shure 530 and I put them on the Atrios and wow a complete different earphone. Five years later I like them more then the JH13 Customs.
Quote:
I've found several tips on ebay I can buy for them, I shall await and see how the fit goes.! 

May 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #761 of 1,216
Quote:
Good luck and I think the Atrios is one of the best yep I said it one of the best earphones you can get. When I first got them some 5 years ago I put the silicon tips and thought they were a piece of S _ i_, then I read about foamy tips which I had on the Shure 530 and I put them on the Atrios and wow a complete different earphone. Five years later I like them more then the JH13 Customs.

Nice! It's amazing how much difference tips can make. I learned this with Turbines and my old pair of Hippo VB. So I totally agree with you. Looks like I have made the right purchase on these, also $70 was a good deal if you ask me.

Cheers! 

May 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #762 of 1,216
They are worth more then the Turbines in terms of sound quality and worth more then $1,000 in terms of bass.
Quote:
Nice! It's amazing how much difference tips can make. I learned this with Turbines and my old pair of Hippo VB. So I totally agree with you. Looks like I have made the right purchase on these, also $70 was a good deal if you ask me.

Cheers! 

May 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #763 of 1,216
hey everyone i was just wondering if anyone knows the difference between these 2?  ik theyre both the same headphone but one of them is the special hall of fame edition.  are there any cool papers or anything special inside the box that the normal ones dont have? which should i get?

and is FutureSonics canadian? Because i live in Ontario Canada :D

http://www.atrio.me/products/Roberto-Alomar-atrio-%252d-Hall-of-Fame-edition.html

http://www.atrio.me/products/Atrio%C2%AE-%28Black%29-Professional-Earphones--.html

May 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #764 of 1,216
go here - http://www.futuresonics.com/
Quote:
hey everyone i was just wondering if anyone knows the difference between these 2?  ik theyre both the same headphone but one of them is the special hall of fame edition.  are there any cool papers or anything special inside the box that the normal ones dont have? which should i get?

http://www.atrio.me/products/Roberto-Alomar-atrio-%252d-Hall-of-Fame-edition.html

http://www.atrio.me/products/Atrio%C2%AE-%28Black%29-Professional-Earphones--.html

May 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #765 of 1,216
Futuresonics is a U.S. company, but if you order from atrio.me the earphones will be shipped from a warehouse in Hamilton I believe. That should be pretty awesome for you.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back