Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
May 2, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #721 of 1,216
After getting my Rockit Sounds R-50 the MG7 was being neglected so I've been listening to them most of the day and night and they still impress the hell out of me.  I don't know if I just hear things different from everyone else but the soundstage is really pretty good, its still not large but has decent width and depth and they sound very cohesive to me.  The bass is just phenomenal it sounds so da@# good with its depth and still has punch for my edm like trance and techno (an your right dubbed they are fantastic with trance and all edm for that matter).  They make me want to get the MG6Pro customs because from what I've read about them they're the Atrio's on steroids with a much larger soundstage and better clarity.

May 2, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #722 of 1,216
^exactly I've wanted to get the MG6pros...till i saw the price *gulp*

Soundstage wise, it might not be aparent at first, or even if they are your first real earphones...but then when u compare it to the MDT's, cks77's, evne the pfe112's, let alone the pfe 232's the mg7's sound "muffled" 

May 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #723 of 1,216
Quote:
^exactly I've wanted to get the MG6pros...till i saw the price *gulp*

Soundstage wise, it might not be aparent at first, or even if they are your first real earphones...but then when u compare it to the MDT's, cks77's, evne the pfe112's, let alone the pfe 232's the mg7's sound "muffled" 

These defiantly aren't my first real set as you can see from my signature on the bottom and I've had more than that but I just hear them different than most.  They really don't sound to muffled to me but are they as detailed as my R-50, PFE112, GR07 or my TF10's no but they still have plenty imo.

As for the MG6Pro I know their $900 but for a really good custom thats not to bad.  After I re-shell my TF10's I'm gonna really consider getting the MG6's.

May 2, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #724 of 1,216
^Oh no i wasn't meaning you, i mean generally, if you can't compare it to something :)

And yeah might sound different for you:
Just how when I put the stock tips, it makes the MG7's sound so darn rubbish its unbelievable - then put the foamies on...and it's literally a whole different earphone.

May 2, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #725 of 1,216
Quote:
^Oh no i wasn't meaning you, i mean generally, if you can't compare it to something :)

And yeah might sound different for you:
Just how when I put the stock tips, it makes the MG7's sound so darn rubbish its unbelievable - then put the foamies on...and it's literally a whole different earphone.

Thats funny, for me its the other way around I like the stock tips sound more than the Foam.  Just goes to show everyone hears them differently on certain aspects but for the over all sound signature I hear them pretty much the same as you from reading your review.

By the way nice website you have, I have it book market and I'm always checking to see what you review next.  Can't wait to read the review for the PFE232's I know they must sound fantastic.

May 2, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #726 of 1,216
Quote:
Thats funny, for me its the other way around I like the stock tips sound more than the Foam.  Just goes to show everyone hears them differently on certain aspects but for the over all sound signature I hear them pretty much the same as you from reading your review.
By the way nice website you have, I have it book market and I'm always checking to see what you review next.  Can't wait to read the review for the PFE232's I know they must sound fantastic.

Thanks a lot buddy, that means a lot to me :)

And man...if the PFE232's weren't this good, then I wouldn't be selling the MG7's
You know well how much I love em.

Now with the 232's...almost feels like I need to drop ratings for all my earphones - I've ever heard lol.
That said, I need to keep a "normal" earphone, so that I can compare with new arrivals of earphones.

Comparing the 232's to anything, well anything under it so to speak, is just unfair lol.
Like comparing the MG6Pros with some CKS77's.

And 232's....if it wasn't for there really steep price, I think would get a near perfect review - I'm talking 9.8-10/10

May 2, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #727 of 1,216
I've read they sound similar to the W4's.  Is that true?  
Quote:

And man...if the PFE232's weren't this good, then I wouldn't be selling the MG7's

Now with the 232's...almost feels like I need to drop ratings for all my earphones - I've ever heard lol.
That said, I need to keep a "normal" earphone, so that I can compare with new arrivals of earphones.

Comparing the 232's to anything, well anything under it so to speak, is just unfair lol.

And 232's....if it wasn't for there really steep price, I think would get a near perfect review - I'm talking 9.8-10/10

May 2, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #729 of 1,216
Quote:

Yea they are expensive but from most of the other reviews I've read they seem worth it.  It is a bit strange to see a non custom dual BA costing $600 but hey at least you get a free pair of the PFE 012 :wink: or did you order them from some place other than the PFE site.  Never mind it looks like that deals over with now I don't see them list with the 232 on audeoworlds site.

May 2, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #730 of 1,216
Yea they are expensive but from most of the other reviews I've read they seem worth it.  It is a bit strange to see a non custom dual BA costing $600 but hey at least you get a free pair of the PFE 012 :wink: or did you order them from some place other than the PFE site.  Never mind it looks like that deals over with now I don't see them list with the 232 on audeoworlds site.

I don't want to be told off for being off topic again...but:
I won the 112s in a competition, and received the 232s for review :)

May 2, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #731 of 1,216
Quote:
I don't want to be told off for being off topic again...but:
I won the 112s in a competition, and received the 232s for review
smily_headphones1.gif

Thats awesome.

May 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #732 of 1,216
Quote:

for me its the same the stock tips have better sound overall mutch bigger soundstage but the comfert is like shoving needels in my ear its horriable thats why i stick to the comply tips

and yes you do have a nice blog :)

May 2, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #733 of 1,216
Quote:
for me its the same the stock tips have better sound overall mutch bigger soundstage but the comfert is like shoving needels in my ear its horriable thats why i stick to the comply tips

thanks buddy!

And as techno was saying:
We all have different sound preferences, let alone different ear canals :D!

May 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #734 of 1,216
Quote:

Wow I find them to be quite comfortable.

May 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #735 of 1,216
Totally agree with what you said so I did!
Quote:
After getting my Rockit Sounds R-50 the MG7 was being neglected so I've been listening to them most of the day and night and they still impress the hell out of me.  I don't know if I just hear things different from everyone else but the soundstage is really pretty good, its still not large but has decent width and depth and they sound very cohesive to me.  The bass is just phenomenal it sounds so da@# good with its depth and still has punch for my edm like trance and techno (an your right dubbed they are fantastic with trance and all edm for that matter).  They make me want to get the MG6Pro customs because from what I've read about them they're the Atrio's on steroids with a much larger soundstage and better clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back