Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
May 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #767 of 1,216
Got my Atrio today, I don't feel they go as low as Hippo VB though, the bass is great texture, very alive, I can see why people like them but for me still not enough low end rumble, something I feel Hippo VB did better. Hippo VB might not be perfect and fall short in areas the Atrio does proudly. But for over all bass buzz value the VB are a better choice for me and a slightly better high end too. but..... for overal sound value I still love my EPH-100 over them both.

I only got them to compare and am selling the Atrio moving them on.

Sales in the Sig

May 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #768 of 1,216
THis is an AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read this same post months back!
Quote:
Got my Atrio today, I must say they're very good in all areas. I don't feel they go as low as Hippo VB though, the bass is great texture, very alive, I can see why people like them but for me still not enough low end rumble, something I feel Hippo VB did better. Hippo VB might not be perfect and fall short in areas the Atrio does proudly. But for over all bass buzz value the VB are a better choice for me and a slightly better high end too. but..... for overal sound value I still love my EPH-100 over them both.

Sales in the Sig

THis is an AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #769 of 1,216
Why this same post? You selling Hippo?
Quote:
Got my Atrio today, I must say they're very good in all areas. I don't feel they go as low as Hippo VB though, the bass is great texture, very alive, I can see why people like them but for me still not enough low end rumble, something I feel Hippo VB did better. Hippo VB might not be perfect and fall short in areas the Atrio does proudly. But for over all bass buzz value the VB are a better choice for me and a slightly better high end too. but..... for overal sound value I still love my EPH-100 over them both.

Sales in the Sig

May 10, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #770 of 1,216
Quote:
THis is an AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read this same post months back!

THis is an AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL what do you mean this is an AD?

I just typed that from my keyboard thank you very much!

Quote:
Why this same post? You selling Hippo?

I've already sold the VB days ago......

May 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #772 of 1,216
Quote:
Funny cause I read something just like this. Stating they got the MG7 and then stating Hippo.

Hippo VB will always hold a place in my heart, they were my first basshead IEM's. Makes life awkward because you constantly look for something better, especially when you appear to find the best one first going slightly backwards, Mind you VB would win purely from a bass quantity perspective. with maybe a little brighter high end. but with that high end on VB comes some sibilance for the first 100 hours. Atrio don't have any sibilance plus sound amazing all over. But for pure bass freaks you know? 'ball shaking bass'... VB win my vote. 

May 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #773 of 1,216
You have that right to hold onto the first earphone love. Glad you can hold onto them.
Quote:
Hippo VB will always hold a place in my heart, they were my first basshead IEM's. Makes life awkward because you constantly look for something better, especially when you appear to find the best one first going slightly backwards, Mind you VB would win purely from a bass quantity perspective. with maybe a little brighter high end. but with that high end on VB comes some sibilance for the first 100 hours. Atrio don't have any sibilance plus sound amazing all over. But for pure bass freaks you know? 'ball shaking bass'... VB win my vote. 

May 10, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #774 of 1,216
*6 hours later*

I've changed by mind 
tongue_smile.gif
 I'm going to keep my Atrios I can't put my finger on why but there's something about them I like. For the price I paid <> $70 I doubt I'll come across them anytime soon for such a steal and they do justify that price tag. I modified some Sony Hybrid clones onto the nozzle using a PL21 tip spout > then the Hybrids over that, the bass is very very sub like. It may not go quite as deep as VB but it sure does rattle the skull with better texture. They also handle volume from my E11 really well which is what impresses me the most.

I like earphones that can come to the party when asked, these do that without distortion at high volumes.

May 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #775 of 1,216
EQ it and amp it. What tips do you use?
Quote:
*6 hours later*

I've changed by mind 
tongue_smile.gif
 I'm going to keep my Atrios I can't put my finger on why but there's something about them I like. For the price I paid <> $70 I doubt I'll come across them anytime soon for such a steal and they do justify that price tag. I modified some Sony Hybrid clones onto the nozzle using a PL21 tip spout > then the Hybrids over that, the bass is very very sub like. It may not go quite as deep as VB but it sure does rattle the skull with better texture. They also handle volume from my E11 really well which is what impresses me the most.

I like earphones that can come to the party when asked, these do that without distortion at high volumes.

May 10, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #776 of 1,216
Quote:
*6 hours later*

I've changed by mind 
tongue_smile.gif

welcome again

etysmile.gif

ps: amp them the higher the sensitivity the better impedance is not imporetent

May 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #777 of 1,216
Quote:
EQ it and amp it. What tips do you use?

I used these Sony hybrids clones I got from ebay x3 = $3 Using a spout I cut from a PL21 tip, works as nice sleeve. 

Atrio are very interesting design / materials used. They sure took no expense creating the most hideous IEM on planet earth. When I pick them up they feel like something you win from a kinda surprise egg or those $2 twist chewing gum machines seen at your local shopping mall. This colour is rare? I can see why no-one has it. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
welcome again

etysmile.gif

ps: amp them the higher the sensitivity the better impedance is not imporetent

They sound pretty good out of my PC using a sound blaster usb sound card < very good piece of equipment. However the Atrio only sound average from my E11 / ipod mini combo. Not even my Clip+ makes them shine. I was doing some A/Bing with my Yamaha EPH-100 / Turbines, the Atrio I feel they fall behind especially against EPH which has to be heard to be believed imo. I've come to the conclusion after using my laptop as a source with the sound blaster that my rockboxed ipod mini is a  POS! I have an E10 coming next week, hopefully I like it. 

At the moment I'm back on the bench of whether to keep them.

May 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #778 of 1,216
YUCK!
Quote:
I used these Sony hybrids clones I got from ebay x3 = $3 Using a spout I cut from a PL21 tip, works as nice sleeve. 

Atrio are very interesting design / materials used. They sure took no expense creating the most hideous IEM on planet earth. When I pick them up they feel like something you win from a kinda surprise egg or those $2 twist chewing gum machines seen at your local shopping mall. This colour is rare? I can see why no-one has it. 
rolleyes.gif

They sound pretty good out of my PC using a sound blaster usb sound card < very good piece of equipment. However the Atrio only sound average from my E11 / ipod mini combo. Not even my Clip+ makes them shine. I was doing some A/Bing with my Yamaha EPH-100 / Turbines, the Atrio I feel they fall behind especially against EPH which has to be heard to be believed imo. I've come to the conclusion after using my laptop as a source with the sound blaster that my rockboxed ipod mini is a  POS! I have an E10 coming next week, hopefully I like it. 

At the moment I'm back on the bench of whether to keep them.

May 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #780 of 1,216
Today I received my pair. Pretty quick if you ask me. They were shipped on the 8th of May and I have them already. They were shipped just by ordinary ground mail. Not UPS or something like that, because that would be to expensive (almost $100). Now shipment only costs me $25.
First impression: What a bass! Furthermore it's a bit difficult to tell how they are compared to my Q-Jays because they haven't been burned in yet. So beside form the bass I think the sound is far from optimal at the moment. The low and high tones are quite ok, but the middle tones are quite bad. Right now I just have my J3 playing all the music I have on it to burn them in. 

What I can tell is that, as expected, there is way more (sub)base in it! Putted on some bass tracks like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Q34oTXd0o) and I was really amazed. Also they go a lot louder compared to my Q-Jays.

Didn't know that that many foams would come with the earphones. 1 Pack with black foams and one pack with pink foams (both 2 pairs of M and 2 pairs of L). Excellent for me because for my left ear I use the M foams and for my right ear I use the L foams to get a good seal. 

Love them already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back