Funny comments from the forums.
Nov 2, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #946 of 958
Just received this DIY Uckranian IEM with 10mm vented DD and 12x10mm AMT(magnetic) drivers
Sounds absolutely amazing. The best iem I have never heard for now.
Like a Sony IER-Z1R with Steroids, better soundstage, mids and highs.
and what is the name of this ukrainian iem?
Has no name, only Hybrid.
can you buy?
Only 4 units have been made.
*insert trombone sound effect*

Nov 27, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #947 of 958
Mar 17, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #948 of 958
Mar 28, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #949 of 958
The new "THE ZMF ATRIUM!" thread is hopping like crazy, 4 days before the launch of this fascinating headphone. I'm among those lucky enough to have a review loaner (review coming in ~3 days).

Anyway, another person with a loaner was asked a pretty straightforward question. His answer is so funny because he chose to react to the non-headphone context of a word. I lost it when I read his reply:

@L0rdGwyn

How would you describe the decay of the Atrium in bubinga wood using your OTL amp ?

Im can't decide if going for the fast bubinga or for reverby KOA wood yet.

Decay of the wood? Well, they were only just made and the wood is finished, I wouldn't expect it to start rotting for decades.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

Apr 16, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #950 of 958
Mar 17, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #951 of 958
From the "What Book Are You Reading Right Now" thread ...

I’ve just finished reading : “My Life on Land” / by, Jacques Cousteau.
quick read, 1 page long.

Sep 14, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #953 of 958
From the Schiit Happened thread:

I wonder if Schiit offices have their office light switches on the other side of an adjoining wall? "Oh, sorry Jason. Didn't mean to interrupt your meeting. I just need to turn the lights on in my office." :D

** The comment above may or may not represent my true feelings about the power switch location debate and is only made because I thought it was humorous.

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #954 of 958
Hey all,

In advance of the new chapter on Magni Unity, I figured I'd also announce our official close-out products and prices. Yes, now. Call it Brown Wednesday.

These are all in the new Last Call section of the website:

Magni Heretic/Plus: $79/89
Valhalla 2: $299
Aegir: $699
Yggdrasil+ GS2: $1699/$1799 with Unison, $100 more for silver

Note this is not a sale. These are closeout products that will be sold until they're gone.

"Wait a sec!" someone is saying. "Valhalla 2 and Aegir are going away? And what the heck is this Yggdrasil GS2 thing?

Yes, Valhalla 2 and Aegir are being closed out. I don't have an exact timeline on replacements, and you all know how I suck at estimating when things are available, but I expect Aegir 2 to hit in December at $899, and Valhalla 3 to hit sometime in spring at price TBD.

Yggdrasil GS2 is the second version of Yggdrasil "garage sale," reusing the original Analog 1 and Gen 5 USB cards. We found a bunch of both of those, so we're giving you a chance for a semi-used Yggdrasil at a great price. The Analog 1 cards are the only used component; everything else is new. It's a standard Yggdrasil+ with old analog cards and a great price.

Enjoy!

All the best,
Jason

Let's call this what it is... THEFT. I have a DAC that sounds fine and there's always been... "I wonder what one of the Yggy DACs would sound like?"... the good news was they were always expensive enough to make the idea go away. Now. This. So, now I can buy this DAC and get sucked into the "Hmmm, I wonder what that upgrade will sound like?" It's Bovine Scatology. What options do I have now? I have to buy the DAC; otherwise, "Well, I'm definitely *losing money* if I don't buy it now." You might as well be taking $1,800 out of my wallet.

Thanks for nothing, jerk!

Nothing? Really? You just earned a grand just by buying that GS2! 🤣

Speaking of which…

We've all known for a looong time that Yggdrasil is a magical device.
But just how magical it is becomes evident in the photo above: Serial number stickers that are only visible in reflections! 🤣

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #955 of 958
From Jason Stoddard's "Schiit Happened" thread ... on a mission for sonic bliss.

OK, thanks once again @Ripper2860 for sparking an idea .... We have loads of Quartz lying around here, remnants of the Gold Rush era back in the mid-1850s. Quartz is fantastic as an oscillation crystal and these properties make it ideal for isolating and removing vibrations.

I present to you all the Aurelia Acoustic Pods.
Example 06.png

* Prototype Only

Unleash Sonic Brilliance with Timeless Craftsmanship!

Discover a new realm of audio perfection with Aurelia Acoustic Pods – the epitome of elegance and scientific precision. Crafted for the true audiophile, these hand-polished isolation pods redefine the way you experience music, merging history, and innovation in a harmonious symphony.

Key Features:

Historical Resonance:
Immerse your audio setup in the echoes of history with Aurelia Acoustic Pods. Filled with quartz rocks sourced from the legendary gold mines of 1850s Ballarat, these pods pay homage to an era of opulence and refinement.

Scientifically Proven Acoustic Isolation: Elevate your listening experience with the power of science. The quartz-infused epoxy construction of Aurelia Acoustic Pods boasts scientifically proven acoustic isolation properties. Say goodbye to unwanted vibrations and reduce magnetic influences on delicate low-level signals, allowing your audio components to shine with unparalleled clarity.

Hand-Polished Finish: Every Aurelia Acoustic Pod is a testament to meticulous craftsmanship. Hand-polished to perfection, these pods not only enhance your audio setup but also serve as a visual masterpiece, reflecting the care and dedication poured into their creation.

Customized for Your Gear: Whether you're a vinyl enthusiast with a premium turntable or a connoisseur of digital sound with high-end DACs and CD players, Aurelia Acoustic Pods are designed to complement and enhance the performance of a variety of audio components. It's the universal upgrade your setup deserves.

Durable Craftsmanship: Built to last, Aurelia Acoustic Pods are constructed with high-strength epoxy, ensuring longevity and stability for your valuable audio gear. The dense, porous atomic structure of the quartz rocks provides an additional layer of protection against vibrations, preserving the integrity of your sound.

Elevate Your Listening Sanctuary:

Transform your listening space into a haven of sonic perfection with Aurelia Acoustic Pods. Imbued with the legacy of Ballarat's golden era and fortified by cutting-edge acoustic technology, these pods redefine the way you experience music.

Upgrade your audio setup today and embark on a journey where history meets innovation – where the past and the future converge in harmonious bliss. Aurelia Acoustic Pods – Because Your Audio Deserves the Finest!

Coming Soon! (or not....)

:xf_cool:

Dec 19, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #957 of 958
Thanks for sharing the love @RCBinTN :)

Maybe I really need to make them ....
I don't know about that, @Timster ... the mission is admirable and the specs will be tough to meet. But, on the other hand, Tesla started with a dream, too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back