Funny comments from the forums.
Sep 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #481 of 959

That's not free...

He's not known for making a lot of sense.....

The snake oil is free, the container to take it home and the handling charge is $50...
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #482 of 959
Oct 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #483 of 959
1 day, 17 hours ago

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/6a/100x100px-LS-6aae5103_nick_drake.jpg[/img]
  1. Radio_head
  2. Trader Feedback: +33
  3. badge_contributor.v1380314454.png
  5. offline
  1. 3,005 Posts. Joined 6/2009
  2. Location: Milwaukee, WI

$7,000 (USD)
Send a Private Message
send a PM to take the next step.

For Sale:
Eddie Current Electra + Stax 009 Combo + Tube-age

Will Ship To: CONUS

For sale is an Eddie Current Electra and Stax 009 combo.  Many pictures available for those serious about purchasing or loose women bankrolled by Richard Gere who just want to see the expression on my face when they buy it.  This is being replaced by a T2.

This has the cap upgrade.  We can talk about tubes, at this price I would throw in some Jan Sylvania's and (rebranded) mullard XF2's.

For those not familiar with Eddie Current, a short history is in order.

Eddie Current - A History

Back in the "my day" (sources are disputed on when an adult's "day" takes place exactly.  The best approximation currently available to science is that it begins when one is old enough to remember hit songs on the radio and ends roughly when one's child asks them "when was your day.") Craig Uthus, currently of Eddy Current fame, worked for REI with some of the top names of the day.  This gave him a solid foundation for his later endeavors and the campiness of his future product names.  Young Craig, hotheaded and overly politicized, then joined the JDL.  This prepared him for the rock-bottom prices he was destined to charge.

Unfulfilled as "just another member" of right-wing extremist groups and camping goods stores, Craig teamed up with Joel Marshall to start Moth Audio. This was a particularly fruitful time in both of their careers.  Epic brainstorming sessions produced some of the most mythic products headphone audio has seen, products only spoken about in whispers by those who have lost their voice screaming over how good they are.  Legend has it Joel wrote the first few chapters of the Harry Potter series on a cocktail napkin.  When Craig said he didn't get it, they scrapped it and Joel sketched was what was to become the famous Xana Deux.  Moth Audio was also famous for releasing the Cicada in limited runs every 17 years.

Like all Crete-ins that fly too close to the sun, Moth drowned.  However, a new company was destined to rise from its soggy ashes - a company that would meld Moth's core principles with the stinginess Craig had learned in his earlier years to provide affordable tube audio to the masses with only a mild amount of crankiness.

Known for their detail, wide bandwidth, and pleasing tube colour, Eddie Current quickly rose up the ranks of the burgeoning headphone audio market, winning numerable awards such as the rare and coveted Blue Moon.  The Zana Deux became one of the most recommended tube amps by uncles with cats who reminisce too much, and the Balancing Act is well-documented as practically nonpuerile.

Designing top-flight dynamic headphone amps that double as speaker amps and space heaters wasn't enough for Craig though.  In conjunction with an electrostatic designer famous for his work on AmpzillaSon of Ampzilla, and Nephew of Ampzilla who isn't technically related but still calls Ampzilla "uncle," Craig released the Electra, an all-out assault on unimaginative names for Electrostatic amplifiers.  Craig readily admits his lack of imagination in its naming but asks "is it so much worse than starting all the names of your dynamic amps with 'dyna'?"  The Electra is basically an amalgamation of the Singlepower ES1, the cagey BH, and 323 in that it is an electrostatic headphone amp and has a name.

What's next for Eddie Current?

Although old and probably near death, Craig is far from done with innovation.  The future looks bright indeed, and not just because of global warming.  The release of the Leviathan is highly anticipated by at least one person, and the 445 (named after the 45 '4' tubes utilized) by another. Craig is also ramping up production on an Audioquest Dragonfly competitor that utilizes paralleled 300B's, and dual external regulated power supplies in two separate chassiseses.  Moth Audio will also make a comeback if Craig and Joel can learn to bury the hatchet and duel with guns like real men.  Because Craig may be close to welcoming death with open arms, he may even build another 304TL or two if you ask nicely.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #484 of 959
Oct 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #485 of 959
The new Audeze headphones may indeed sound fine, but this two man hype train, bouncing off each other, making it more powerful with each bounce, is excessive. You've said your piece, move on.

Originally Posted by Maxvla 
from the CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV - Page 11 thread

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #486 of 959
From the Alpha Dog thread - 
Quote:
I went to sleep all day today, and I swear my dream was almost entirely about listening to the AD. Like literally picturing in my head how I expect it to realistically sound. I hope it can live to my dreampression. I was realistic in expectation, and in my head, it sounded pretty damn good.

No pressure or anything.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #488 of 959
This on'es not from here, but a review from Amazon for sugarless gummi bears.
The only redeeming fact is that even Beats don't do this to sound appreciation.

6,302 of 6,380 people found the following review helpful

stars-1-0._V192241078_.gif
Just don't. Unless it's a gift for someone you hate., October 3, 2012

By 
C. Torok

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Haribo Gummy Candy, Sugarless Gummy Bears, 5-Pound Bag (Grocery)

Oh man...words cannot express what happened to me after eating these. The Gummi Bear "Cleanse". If you are someone that can tolerate the sugar substitute, enjoy. If you are like the dozens of people that tried my order, RUN!

First of all, for taste I would rate these a 5. So good. Soft, true-to-taste fruit flavors like the sugar variety...I was a happy camper.

BUT (or should I say BUTT), not long after eating about 20 of these all hell broke loose. I had a gastrointestinal experience like nothing I've ever imagined. Cramps, sweating, bloating beyond my worst nightmare. I've had food poisoning from some bad shellfish and that was almost like a skip in the park compared to what was going on inside me.

Then came the, uh, flatulence. Heavens to Murgatroyd, the sounds, like trumpets calling the demons back to Hell...the stench, like 1,000 rotten corpses vomited. I couldn't stand to stay in one room for fear of succumbing to my own odors.

But wait; there's more. What came out of me felt like someone tried to funnel Niagara Falls through a coffee straw. I swear my sphincters were screaming. It felt like my delicate starfish was a gaping maw projectile vomiting a torrential flood of toxic waste. 100% liquid. Flammable liquid. NAPALM. It was actually a bit humorous (for a nanosecond)as it was just beyond anything I could imagine possible.

AND IT WENT ON FOR HOURS.

I felt violated when it was over, which I think might have been sometime in the early morning of the next day. There was stuff coming out of me that I ate at my wedding in 2005.

I had FIVE POUNDS of these innocent-looking delicious-tasting HELLBEARS so I told a friend about what happened to me, thinking it HAD to be some type of sensitivity I had to the sugar substitute, and in spite of my warnings and graphic descriptions, she decided to take her chances and take them off my hands.

Silly woman. All of the same for her, and a phone call from her while on the toilet (because you kinda end up living in the bathroom for a spell) telling me she really wished she would have listened. I think she was crying.

Her sister was skeptical and suspected that we were exaggerating. She took them to work, since there was still 99% of a 5 pound bag left. She works for a construction company, where there are builders, roofers, house painters, landscapers, etc. Lots of people who generally have limited access to toilets on a given day. I can't imagine where all of those poor men (and women) pooped that day. I keep envisioning men on roofs, crossing their legs and trying to decide if they can make it down the ladder, or if they should just jump.

If you order these, best of luck to you. And please, don't post a video review during the aftershocks.

Linky:- http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #489 of 959
ROFL...OH MY!!!
eek.gif
I cant breath I am laughing so hard, I can barely see the keyboard for the tears....
biggrin.gif
   Thanks I needed that....

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #491 of 959
Oct 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #492 of 959
  This on'es not from here, but a review from Amazon for sugarless gummi bears.
The only redeeming fact is that even Beats don't do this to sound appreciation.

Linky:- http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

That's funny ... and well written too. Good post ...

Oct 20, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #493 of 959

I heard both of them.  My impressions on the Teton are in the Teton thread that's currently linked to the front page.

The one sentence version is that the Teton is really fast, as in dynamic and detailed and not murky.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683115/the-apex-high-fi-audio-teton/30#post_9895552

Teton means nipple in French.

Teton means nipple in French.

And as somebody pointed out in the other thread it means "Man with big breasts" in Spanish.

But it's also a mountain range that borders Wyoming and Montana.  People take trips there partly just to look at the Teton Mountains.

So maybe the mountains were named after nipples or men with large breasts, but I think the amp was named after the mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back