FUN THREAD - Your dream audio setup
Apr 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #17 of 45
A good CD Player, a Rega turn table, Red Wine Isabellina DAC, WA2, and a T1+K400, and a ton of tubes to roll with. Perfect pairing for me. I wish I can get up to this point of this hobby. I'm barely starting, but I'm already planning on getting a T1 by the end of the year, hopefully, if I ever have the funds.

May 4, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #18 of 45
As far as headphones are concerned, I'm actually not that far from where I want to be. End of the line would be my PC connected to an Empirical OR4 with all the options, powered by a Monolith battery. OR4 would be connected to an MBL 1611F, and from there a maxed out T2 driving the new SR-009. All cabling would be Kubala Sosna Elation, except for Locus USB. Dedicated line to Oyaide or Furutech wall outlet, with an Audience AR6-TS for the DAC and head amp.

For speakers, I think I'd pay Rockport Audio to design me a perfect room for the Arrakis. I would then never leave that room.

May 4, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #19 of 45
As for the headphones the only thing I miss is the T1. When I get them I'll be completely satisfied (until senns and beyers release their new flagships :wink: ). 

I also dream of specially designed listening room with Genelec-or-Dynaudio-or-Adam main monitors (those that are wall mounted). But do I need their ~6000W power? Probably not... I think I'll just threat my room more thoroughly and get some 3-way monitors and my demands will be fulfilled for long long years...

By the way, a grand music collection is a more important thing for me and of it I'm dreaming most.

May 4, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #20 of 45
This is the only 5.1 surround sound setup I've ever heard that not only sounds good with movies but is actually capable of producing genuine audiophile quality stereo music aswell.  The price for this lot?  Only about $35,000 USD.

B&W 805S   Front and rear speakers
B&W TM4S   Centre speaker (acoustically identical to the front and rear speakers)
B&W SW825   1 kilowatt 12" sub woofer
Classe SSP-800   Surround processor / DAC / stereo preamplifier
Classe CA-5200  5 x 200 watt power amplifier
Evolve LifeStation  AV Media Centre and blu-ray player

May 4, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #23 of 45
There will be an amp...

Manley's Stingray should do fine..  not too pricey..

There will be speakers... 

Cheaper system will go with some Tannoy Autograph Minis...

Or some Mark & Daniels Aragorn..

May 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #24 of 45
should only come to half a million for the speakers.  100k for the room, 100k for the chain, and I'll still have 300k left over for a Lamborghini! 

Quote:
Quote:

Good call there.  What a great way to blow a million $.

May 4, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #25 of 45

Quote:
and I'll still have 300k left over for a Lamborghini!

Yes!
Interesting - who makes audio for Lambos? As far as I remember Burmeister makes audio for Porsche Panamera, Dynaudio for Bugatti Veyron, Kharma for Spyker Aileron - and Lamborghini?

May 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #26 of 45

Quote:

Yes!
Interesting - who makes audio for Lambos? As far as I remember Burmeister makes audio for Porsche Panamera, Dynaudio for Bugatti Veyron, Kharma for Spyker Aileron - and Lamborghini?

That's a good question. I don't think Lamborghini is currently using a high-end brand name audio system in their cars. Since they are owned by Audi I'm sure they could easily offer a similar type of B&O system that Audi, BMW, and Aston Martin currently have, but maybe they aren't interested. I don't think Ferrari cares about their stereos either. The engine is supposed to be the stereo.

May 4, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #27 of 45

Quote:
The engine is supposed to be the stereo.

Absolutely agree!
And they also sell Ferrari Art Engine $20k tower speakers - record your car's engine roar and listen to it at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back