Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #392 of 1,040

In case you missed it the Fulla has a one year warranty as opposed to the standard five year...

Yes but that, too, is a decent warranty for their cheapest product.  And I'll still say that offering a 5-year warranty up front for any product is very rare--especially so when they don't use it as an opportunity to capture more profits.

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #393 of 1,040

Yes but that, too, is a decent warranty for their cheapest product.  And I'll still say that offering a 5-year warranty up front for any product is very rare--especially so when they don't use it as an opportunity to capture more profits.

I thought so, too.  I was just making sure you noticed it and that others understood it, too.

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #395 of 1,040
Well I got my Fulla in and it is defective, unfortunately. However, I contacted Schiit and Laura got back to me on a Sunday (awesome) and said that they will be shipping me a new Fulla as soon as they have more units, and because I'm in Canada I don't have to ship my defective one back because it's not worth the shipping costs.

Overall extremely pleased with Schiit's response :)

And as for now it works well on my PC and chromebook at 44.1kHz/24bit

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #396 of 1,040
Not a bad deal at all.  Gift it to somebody who would never use a different sample/bit rate.

Just got my e-mail that my replacement unit shipped.

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #397 of 1,040
Got my email about the replacement, also.

Well I got my Fulla in and it is defective, unfortunately. However, I contacted Schiit and Laura got back to me on a Sunday (awesome) and said that they will be shipping me a new Fulla as soon as they have more units, and because I'm in Canada I don't have to ship my defective one back because it's not worth the shipping costs.

Overall extremely pleased with Schiit's response :)

And as for now it works well on my PC and chromebook at 44.1kHz/24bit

Hey, now, would be curious to compare the one you get to keep to the new one, could buy and replace the defective part yourself. (and no I will not be opening up the one I need to send back to them, would not be proper etiquette to do so).
Would be a fun project, then you could gift it or use it as a fully functioning unit.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #401 of 1,040
  Got my email about the replacement, also.

Hey, now, would be curious to compare the one you get to keep to the new one, could buy and replace the defective part yourself. (and no I will not be opening up the one I need to send back to them, would not be proper etiquette to do so).
Would be a fun project, then you could gift it or use it as a fully functioning unit.

Yeah it absolutely would be. Also that'd definitely be one way to get to learn how to solder haha

I guess I was in a different situation that you may have been.

I didn't receive an email notice saying that my unit is defective so when I tried it out I had my fingers crossed that it would be fully functional.

I have no complaints though otherwise because this is the first time I've ever used a discrete amp/dac so the experience has all been new so far :)

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #402 of 1,040
Are they only shipping out replacement units right now or can those who ordered late expect shipping today as well? For reference i ordered mine on 12/5.

I would expect it to be a couple days at least before they can catch up.  but I am not sure. I ordered mine 12/4 by the way.

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #403 of 1,040
size comparison... and to those who might ask which one is better... the "FULLA" 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back