Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 17, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #423 of 1,040
it seems like every developer forgets about us windows phone users
frown.gif

That's a real shame.  For both of you.

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #424 of 1,040
My new Fulla is working great on windows desktop and laptop so far.  Sounds just as good as the first one, no clipping like kalryhk has...

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #426 of 1,040
Can anyone compare this to the FiiO E12A?

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #428 of 1,040
  I read that the Fulla includes a short USB cable, and I was planning to connect it to my desktop. Will a USB extension cable work, any recommendations for something solid and cheap?

I think that they recommend using a USB cable that is no longer than 2 feet long.  You can probably safely extend this by using a powered USB hub or their Wyrd product between your computer and the Fulla (i.e., long USB cable from computer to hub/Wyrd, then short cabe from hub/Wyrd to Fulla).

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #429 of 1,040
  Can anyone compare this to the FiiO E12A?

Not really a fair comparison:

Fulla is a dac/amp, and the e12a is strictly an amp.
Fulla is usb powered, e12a is battery powered

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #430 of 1,040
Can anyone comment on whether the volume knob is really as bad as the guy in the Z Review video makes it out to be?

Also, are the edges of the metal casing really as sharp as he says?

Thanks!

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #431 of 1,040

I think that they recommend using a USB cable that is no longer than 2 feet long.  You can probably safely extend this by using a powered USB hub or their Wyrd product between your computer and the Fulla (i.e., long USB cable from computer to hub/Wyrd, then short cabe from hub/Wyrd to Fulla).

It's actually 2m or less according to the Fulla FAQ.

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #433 of 1,040
  Can anyone comment on whether the volume knob is really as bad as the guy in the Z Review video makes it out to be?

Also, are the edges of the metal casing really as sharp as he says?

Thanks!

I'd like some of whatever that guy was smoking/injecting/putting up his nose.  The volume control is fine, ergonomically.  Some have reported issues with the volume control having too narrow a range; I respectfully disagree.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #434 of 1,040

I'd like some of whatever that guy was smoking/injecting/putting up his nose.  The volume control is fine, ergonomically.  Some have reported issues with the volume control having too narrow a range; I respectfully disagree.

If you respectably disagreed then you wouldn't have written that first sentence. I watched the full video and it was obvious that Schiit cut corners on build quality (and packaging as well) to lower the price; in fact they are honest about it. In the video he clearly had trouble moving the volume knob as it was too small and too shallow to turn easily using your fingers. Unless you have kid-sized hands and fingers, that observation remains true. Additionally, the edges of the Fulla are quite sharp/unergonomic. I would have preferred that Schiit released the Fulla at $99 and not skimped on design and build quality. Until someone else puts out their video review showing what the Fulla is like, his is the only word (and example) that we have of the Schiit Fulla in real life usage.

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #435 of 1,040
No problem here with the volume knob. It could have been knurled. But it moves just fine nice and smooth. Not difficult at all one finger or two. And I don't have "kid size" anything. :D

The edges could have been deburred better and the corners could have been rounded off...I have no worries about getting cut...but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back