Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 7, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #242 of 1,040
I dunno, considering how functional and small it is for $79, I'd say it's plenty portable. It's certainly far more portable than a big pair o' cans. Batteries are pricey, and if it could be powered by a smartphone or tablet alone, then it would put out a much more paltry amount of juice.

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #243 of 1,040
  Im a little confused of the term "portable" with this amp. Unless im missing something you cant use it with tablet or phone on its own. You something with a powered USB like a laptop, correct? From my point of view thats not portable since travelling with a laptop is in the past given where tablets are today. I have never tried but, im guessing the output of something like an ipad would not power something like USB. For this device specifically a quick good search doesn't turn up a a Lightning to USB B Male cable.

Id classify this as semi portable. 

Would it not be possible to power this out of a tablet? Something like the Surface or one of the many Windows tablets would work, I think. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #244 of 1,040
  Would it not be possible to power this out of a tablet? Something like the Surface or one of the many Windows tablets would work, I think. 

I don't have the fulla, but I have a Surface RT, and with a simple USB 2.0 hub i could power a 2TB Seagate external Hard-drive and another flash drive. I was also able to view them both at the same time and transfer files from one to the other directly. I'm hoping this means i'll be able to play files from my Hard drive to the fulla with the USB hub. I've read that the RT has audio out through USB capabilities and another user said that he would test it when his arrives. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #245 of 1,040
portable as in you can bring it with you and perhaps pair it with smartphones, tablets, and laptops... but honestly not truly portable for on-the-go useage as its designed to sit on a flat surface. I cant see you having this in your pocket without messing up the volume a ton with that fancy large volume knob

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #246 of 1,040
I may get this as a pseudoportable option. Use with my laptop in the lab, around campus, in coffeehouses and bars and such (because at 5pm on a sunday, a bar is the quietest place to work! and they have beer!)

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #247 of 1,040
Mine should be here tomorrow. I already have 2 desktop amps and have no need for it. I assumed portable actually meant able to use while on the go, not able to be moved easily :p I'll be looking for a good way to give mine away either here or on reddit, if I can figure out a good way to make sure it goes to someone deserving.

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #248 of 1,040
Mine should be here tomorrow. I already have 2 desktop amps and have no need for it. I assumed portable actually meant able to use while on the go, not able to be moved easily :p I'll be looking for a good way to give mine away either here or on reddit, if I can figure out a good way to make sure it goes to someone deserving.

If i dont get one for Christmas ill be looking for one for sure.

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #249 of 1,040
Mine should be here tomorrow. I already have 2 desktop amps and have no need for it. I assumed portable actually meant able to use while on the go, not able to be moved easily
tongue.gif
I'll be looking for a good way to give mine away either here or on reddit, if I can figure out a good way to make sure it goes to someone deserving.

I've been very good this year, Santa.

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #250 of 1,040
Guys this product should addressed the same way as the Audio Quest Dragon Fly, if you want to use it on the go with your iPhone for example you need to add the followings- 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634555/ipad-mini-camera-connection-kit-dac/60#post_10365930

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #251 of 1,040
Is there any stamping or serial numbers on the Fulla's that were defective? Or is the diagnostic entirely up to the user?

Really hoping mine isn't defective... If so not a great first experience with Schiit.

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #253 of 1,040
  Is there any stamping or serial numbers on the Fulla's that were defective? Or is the diagnostic entirely up to the user?

Really hoping mine isn't defective... If so not a great first experience with Schiit.

Not a whole lot to the diagnosis other than to play a 48khz or 96khz file and see if it works.

I wouldn't be too upset about the experience when they have discovered the issue, and put a plan of correcting the situation in place before most people even received their units.  Ideal?  No.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #254 of 1,040
thats why i always wait awhile to order things after they came out.

Same here...will order in 3 to 6 months.

Depends on your definition of great. To me, this kind of direct communication and quick, decisive action regarding issues during a new product rollout is unusual and a great way to build customer confidence in the brand.

If I'm not mistaken, they have a consistent track record of 'making things right' for their customers. This is a rare thing with firms -- even when they have high margins; really unusual when margins are low. This unique combination of high-value products plus the commitment to first rate customer service is what attracted me to the brand and will keep me buying their products as I move through the mid-tier to high-end headphone systems in the next 2-3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back