Frustrated with Fiio
Oct 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:
Oh, you have any idea how the e17 shielding holds up? 

My experience wasn't very good and the ultimate reason why I sold the E17 which is too bad because it does sound amazing.
I didn't have any issues using it as a DAC on my computer. Mine problem was related to using it as an amp on my ipod touch. The E17 would pick up wifi interferance really bad... It was pretty much unusable as an amp on a dap with a wifi connection.

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:
My experience wasn't very good and the ultimate reason why I sold the E17 which is too bad because it does sound amazing.
I didn't have any issues using it as a DAC on my computer. Mine problem was related to using it as an amp on my ipod touch. The E17 would pick up wifi interferance really bad... It was pretty much unusable as an amp on a dap with a wifi connection.

Oh okay, I will almost never use it as an amp alone.  I bought it to use as a DAC on my computer...did you get any cell interference with it?  With the e10 i would still get some interference with the phone in my pocket and the DAC on the desk 

Oct 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #34 of 37
Quote:
Oh okay, I will almost never use it as an amp alone.  I bought it to use as a DAC on my computer...did you get any cell interference with it?  With the e10 i would still get some interference with the phone in my pocket and the DAC on the desk 

Hmmm. I don't remember getting cell interference, but I really didn't use the E17 a whole lot for my computer.
I use a non portable DAC on my computer(Fubar 2 MKII). But from the little that I did use the E17 on computer I was impressed with it.

Oct 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:
Hmmm. I don't remember getting cell interference, but I really didn't use the E17 a whole lot for my computer.
I use a non portable DAC on my computer(Fubar 2 MKII). But from the little that I did use the E17 on computer I was impressed with it.

Oh, okay.  Thanks for the help! I will report back tomorrow when it gets delivered. 

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Oh, okay.  Thanks for the help! I will report back tomorrow when it gets delivered. 

I actually am interested in an E17 to use with my Android... 

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:
I actually am interested in an E17 to use with my Android... 

It sounds really good, the EQ, i find is really useful in that i dont really have to play around with super detailed EQ's on foobar (since i don't really know how to) and the e17 really dumbs it down.  Sadly, the cell interference is still there, but not as bad as the e10.  I'm using a windows phone samsung focus S though, I'm not too sure how it would react with an idevice or android. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back