FREE Senn. 595 50 ohm giveaway + 1/4 to 1/8 adapter
Aug 29, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #61 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Royicus
Lol, exactly right! Or, those samples you get in grocery stores, but this is so much more addictive. Drugs may be the only comparison. I swear, good sound is like a chemical addiction... At least you'd think so by how some people act
wink.gif

The difference is that Lou does not sell this stuff, so he will not profit by future sales. His is a truely altruistic gesture. (unless he is a hidden sales rep, which seems unlikely
rolleyes.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif

Aug 29, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #62 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by dknightd
The difference is that Lou does not sell this stuff, so he will not profit by future sales. His is a truely altruistic gesture. (unless he is a hidden sales rep, which seems unlikely
rolleyes.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif

Oh, I wasn't talking about him specifically, but the whole Head-Fi essence in general. I can feel my money spendings switching from computers to sound. Yes, the shift is coming *looks out on the horizon* I feel the breeze in the air...

Aug 29, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #63 of 88
Quote:

Oh, I wasn't talking about him specifically, but the whole Head-Fi essence in general. I can feel my money spendings switching from computers to sound. Yes, the shift is coming *looks out on the horizon* I feel the breeze in the air...

Once you discover that music can actually sound good, it is hard to turn back. I've been on the hunt for 40 years. The only thing that limits me is a simple rule - DO NOT SPEND MONEY YOU DO NOT HAVE. Take care with the money you have and you can get an above average sound system, then when you get more money you can take it to the next level. And as Lou has so nicely shown, if somebody shows an interest in good music, and you can help them out, do it.
Good music can be addictive. Like everything else, moderation is the key. But there are lots of worse things to be addicted to . . . And never forget, it is the music that matters - equipment is just a means.

Aug 29, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #64 of 88
Sorry but the contest is now OVER. I would like to thank all who participated in it and thank you for helping me live fuller due to this contest and your hopes, dreams and anticipation. Thank you all again.

I will announce the winner in 15 min. at 6:15 pm.

Aug 29, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #65 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
Sorry but the contest is now OVER. I would like to thank all who participated in it and thank you for helping me live fuller due to this contest and your hopes, dreams and anticipation. Thank you all again.

I will announce the winner in 15 min. at 6:15 pm.

Yay!
I don't know why, but I'm pretty nervous right now
rolleyes.gif

The winner must give us a nice review and some pics!

Aug 29, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #66 of 88
WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER

Kevin523

Please pm me your full name and address. Thank you.

Aug 29, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #68 of 88
Quote:

Kevin523

Congrats Kevin!
Have fun and let us know how are they!
And Lou, Thanks again for giving us this wonderfull opportunity!

Aug 29, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #70 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holybanana
Congrats Kevin!
Have fun and let us know how are they!
And Lou, Thanks again for giving us this wonderfull opportunity!

Read between the lines Lou.

What he meant was: ''I'm waiting for your HD650''...
k1000smile.gif

And of course, thanks again Lou!

Aug 29, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #71 of 88
Congrats to kevin! and I'll just stress again how awesome this is of Ltucci! As for everyone who applied but didn't win, good luck finding your sound and I hope their are some good sales and deals in your future so you can be introduced to some hi-fi 'phones too soon. Can't wait to hear kevin's first impressions on these phones!
smily_headphones1.gif
Of course Maza's comment is probably right heheh.

Aug 29, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #72 of 88
This member (LTUCCI1924) and others like them are why headfi is such a great place. Congrats Kevin523.

Aaron

Quote:

Kevin523

Aug 29, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #74 of 88
Quote:

Wow. This is the kind of people this community has? Wow...

It's really amazing and I still cannot believe the kind of people in this community...giving away free expensive headphones to people you don't know with low post counts (And thus there's the possibility of double accounts, people just putting up a disguise to get something free and possibly sell it to make a profit, etc). Since I've been here I've received several people have offered to send me their gear to try out completely out of the blue. For example, I'd be talking about the MS-1s and how I think I may get them, but I'm hesitant since I'm not sure I'd want them...a few days later I get a pm from some random guy that sells I can try out his MS-1s as long as I pay for shipping...WOW. I've yet to take anybody up on any of these offers since I don't feel comfortable in this kind of situation and I feel the person is being too generous for his/her own good. What would happen if I suddenly disappeared from the face of the Earth and never returned the headphones? It wouldn't take much to do something like that, so I often feel that people go too out of their way doing things like this. I guess the best way to handle it would be to handle it like a transaction in the FS forum where proper feedback and what not will be noted for security measures.

Regardless, more power to you, Lou, for doing something like this.

Oh, and flame wars DO exist on head-fi. Usually the posts just end up being deleted so you don't notice them, or the flames are in the middle of huge, long threads so some people don't notice them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back