FREE Senn. 595 50 ohm giveaway + 1/4 to 1/8 adapter
Aug 29, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #46 of 88
interesting
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #49 of 88
That is very generous. It's a nice gift. For those who don't win, try to attend the meet in your area, and you will find some very very affordable headphones. I was able to pickup the HD-595 at the Boston meet over the weekend from a member here for very cheap. I am so happy with it now.

Aug 29, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #50 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965
Agreed, this is one of the best forums I've ever been a member of, there are never any flamewars or stupid stuff and noone ever pretends to know more than they really do on a subject. Everyone is humble and kind. Head-fi rawks!

I completely agree with this. Never have I found a better community!
rs1smile.gif

Anyways, this is a very generous idea, especially considering that you probably won't even know the person you are giving them to.

Aug 29, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #51 of 88
Wow. This is the kind of people this community has? Wow...

I think I've found my new home
smily_headphones1.gif
Time to start soaking up as much information as I can, then dumping it out to the new members when I'm ready!
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #52 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Royicus
Wow. This is the kind of people this community has? Wow...

I think I've found my new home
smily_headphones1.gif
Time to start soaking up as much information as I can, then dumping it out to the new members when I'm ready!
biggrin.gif

don't get fooled by their humbleness and gentleness
tongue.gif

they will make you buy stuff! lol

Aug 29, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #54 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by g2tl
tongue.gif

Hey, once I get out of school and can actually afford stuff, that won't be a problem :p Buy and sell to people that you trust. Nothing wrong with that
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #55 of 88
HI ALL: The PM has really slowed down and I thought that if I choose the winner tonight that if they live in the US they would get the 595 by FRI. I had oh so many PMS and thank all who have sent me one. The choice was not easy and I read all the PMS and several, several times and also checked many of them for their former post. I have chose one member so far but will wait till 6 PM tonight and still accept pm and all new members still have a chance to win but after 6 pm tonight I will announce the winner shortly after 6 pm tonight.
So contest will end at 6 PM tonight and the winner will be announced.

To the winner when announced please PM me right away with your full name and address and I will mail the 595 out to you first thing in the morning. When you get the 595 I am sure that many members would like to read how the 595 sound to you in a post.

I hope that many of you who pm me had fun and dreams of the 595 and get even more into this great thing called head-fi. THANK YOU ALL.

Aug 29, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #56 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by g2tl
tongue.gif

Indeed. Its pretty much same as "free" drug samples dealers give to kids in school...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #58 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa
Indeed. Its pretty much same as "free" drug samples dealers give to kids in school...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lol, exactly right! Or, those samples you get in grocery stores, but this is so much more addictive. Drugs may be the only comparison. I swear, good sound is like a chemical addiction... At least you'd think so by how some people act
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #59 of 88
Lou,
What can I say, this is a great thing to do. I don't care if you say it is because you were listening to God. Many people would not have listened, and fewer would have acted.
You'll give a new headfier a taste of what music really sounds like.
And donating the same amount to headfi is above and beyond. Did you
find a couple hundred hiding in your recliner or something ? :wink:
I don't want to tell you how to run your givaway, and this is said with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, but maybe you should require the winner of your 595's to keep them for three months before reselling them . . .
You'll be amazed at how the 650's improve over time. From my recolection they sound pretty good right out of the box, then there is an akward period where they don't sound as good, then they come back better than before. If you stop liking the 650, give it awhile, let them play, it will come back - but be even better.
Cheers,
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back