Free Burn-in Files
Jan 22, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #16 of 89
There's such a thing as inadequate noise now? Wow.

Don't forget to set your headphones on a custom-cast high-density acoustic foam mannequin head while they're burning in, or they'll never fit right!

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #17 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't forget to set your headphones on a custom-cast high-density acoustic foam mannequin head while they're burning in, or they'll never fit right!

The point was that the noise on that burn-in site wasn't real, solid pink noise. It was a 2 second loop played over and over again in mono. It was equalized, too.

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #18 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lmao, Where do you get the mannequin from?
icon10.gif
lol. to funny.

Jul 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #24 of 89
I don't really want to get this whole thing started here, CaptainLorax, but there's no way that it would make any difference.  If burn in exists, which is somewhat questionable in itself, the difference between using these files and other files, white noise vs. pink noise, noise vs. music, playing softly vs. playing loudly... it doesn't matter.

If the specifics of burn in made THAT much of a difference, there would be warnings when they made headphones:

"Warning: using bass boost in the first 300 hours of using these headphones could result in a permanent loss of the headphone's ability to play bass."

My advice?  Just listen to your headphones.  That's why you bought them.  If anything changes while you first listen to them, that's one aspect of the headphone purchase you can enjoy.  If you do feel it necessary to burn them in, though, don't feel that you're going to do it wrong.  It will turn out just fine.

Jul 7, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #25 of 89

Quote:
My advice?  Just listen to your headphones.  That's why you bought them.  If anything changes while you first listen to them, that's one aspect of the headphone purchase you can enjoy.  If you do feel it necessary to burn them in, though, don't feel that you're going to do it wrong.  It will turn out just fine.

x2

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #27 of 89
Thanks dude. I notice that there is a rest period of 30 seconds at the end of the Pink noise file.

Is there a rest period as well at the end of Logarithmic sine file? I notice that there is no sound at the end but I just assume that my iem is not capable at churning out any sound from high frequencies and/or my human ear unable to make out sounds from the high end of the loop.

So, is the 30 sec blank at the end of the log sine file intended rest period?

Also, im using these sounds for burning in my IEM. Is it safe or its designed to cater for Huge Cans specifically? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back