Free Burn-in Files
Apr 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #34 of 89
I guess my first post here will be such:

What is the average method of burning in? Never done this before due to lack of knowledge about anything. How long is the average time? And what's the difference between the four files in the original post?

Oh yes, and the headphones in question are a new pair of AKG K240 S.

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #35 of 89
I guess my first post here will be such:

What is the average method of burning in? Never done this before due to lack of knowledge about anything. How long is the average time? And what's the difference between the four files in the original post?

Oh yes, and the headphones in question are a new pair of AKG K240 S.

I usually just play white noise at a continuos loop at a volume a bit higher than normal listening volume for around 40 hours. If i don't notice a change, I just stop at 40.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #36 of 89
I usually just play white noise at a continuos loop at a volume a bit higher than normal listening volume for around 40 hours. If i don't notice a change, I just stop at 40.

Well, I actually owned my pair for about two weeks and been using them fairly often. The sound already improved slightly just through regular listening. Should I do anything at all, or just leave them be?

Also, what's the difference between white and pink noise? All I know pink one I can actually listen to without getting a headache (earache?) for about a minute.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #37 of 89
  Well, I actually owned my pair for about two weeks and been using them fairly often. The sound already improved slightly just through regular listening. Should I do anything at all, or just leave them be?

Also, what's the difference between white and pink noise? All I know pink one I can actually listen to without getting a headache (earache?) for about a minute.

Dont keep your headphones on while the noise is playing

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #39 of 89

wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_of_noise#Technical_definitions

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #44 of 89
Alrighty... two weeks of "4 hours a day" listening + 5 hours of mostly white noise. The "openness" of the sound and highs in general improved a little bit more. I guess 3-6 more hours of white noise and that would be enough. After all, I cannot make a pair of 100$ semi-open cans sound like a 200$ pair of open ones, no matter what I do to them.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #45 of 89
I think I found an alternative to just playing noise or sine waves to burn in those headphone things. For best results (for me), I'll just play orchestral tracks for extended periods of time. Those ones feature all the frequencies and details, and if recorded and mixed well, provide perfect burn-in material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back