FranQL DIY Earbuds - Magical Mystery Tour
May 1, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #76 of 84
JUST IN!

I need a bit more listening, but it's promising!
Number 1...?
I have been pretty addicted to mine as well... received a Draco last week from the Fran Man himself :)

I also received a Traillii last week and the Draco is still taking over my listening time...

88ea3e40-55e5-43e5-9c86-2367e90b5cd1-1_all_3630.jpg

May 4, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #80 of 84
Congrats to all that have received their new shiny(s)! :)

You are very lucky. There are less than a score of people that have the pleasure of being able to listen to Fran's best. Having said that, his best is a moving target because he is never satisfied to rest and is always trying new things to make things better sounding. :)

As for myself, I am not simply hooked on one of them. Since they all sound decidedly different, I am truly amazed each time I choose to put a different set into my ears and give a listen. I simply cannot choose one favorite here.

May 4, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #81 of 84
Congrats to all that have received their new shiny(s)! :)

You are very lucky. There are less than a score of people that have the pleasure of being able to listen to Fran's best. Having said that, his best is a moving target because he is never satisfied to rest and is always trying new things to make things better sounding. :)

As for myself, I am not simply hooked on one of them. Since they all sound decidedly different, I am truly amazed each time I choose to put a different set into my ears and give a listen. I simply cannot choose one favorite here.
Yes, you're right, and this relationship is certainly forged differently for each person.
Fran's power lies not only in her his creations, but also and very much in her his exchanges.

I know that many people deny the impact of cables, but I'm very sensitive to them and, for example, with these Ibis, I thought I had a “best” with CA's black Panther cable and, after receiving CA's pure silver, I had to change my mind, even more balanced and with a hint of dynamics to boot.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #82 of 84
Yes, you're right, and this relationship is certainly forged differently for each person.
Fran's power lies not only in her creations, but also and very much in her exchanges.

I know that many people deny the impact of cables, but I'm very sensitive to them and, for example, with these Ibis, I thought I had a “best” with CA's black Panther cable and, after receiving CA's pure silver, I had to change my mind, even more balanced and with a hint of dynamics to boot.
It is pretty easy to forge a relationship with Fran because he is such a big-hearted person.

Materials and quality of those materials definitely make a difference. What I am trying to say is that you have good ears. :) Though, for me cables make less of an impact on some sets, where with others it is noticeably better/worse and without having to "critical" listen to hear such a difference.

It is great to hear that you are very happy with your buds. Enjoying what you have to its fullest is the whole reason we are all here, right? :wink:

One minor nitpick, and apologies for that, but your usage of the pronoun "her" in your first paragraph should instead be "his". Her indicates female, where his is a male pronoun. No big deal, and Fran probably wouldn't get too offended, but I know some people just might... hahahahaha

May 4, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #83 of 84
One minor nitpick, and apologies for that, but your usage of the pronoun "her" in your first paragraph should instead be "his". Her indicates female, where his is a male pronoun. No big deal, and Fran probably wouldn't get too offended, but I know some people just might... hahahahaha
Thank you, Professor! ! :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back