Found some vintage headphones.. Pleasantly surprising results.
Jul 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #16 of 23
I got some Maruni PRO-85v's off EBAY last year. Now I'm trying to get a bit of Deoxit into the pots. If you or Takato14 could pass on that knowledge of how to pull them apart I'd be grateful.
Audiophile in Brunswick St Fitzroy did a neat job of fitting a new jack to mine, perhaps they would recable.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #17 of 23
If it's basically one of these stuff we have pictured in this thread, you may need to displace the earpads (completely or partially on the exteriors) to reveal screws on the baffle. Unscrew them and you can open them pretty easily if memory serves me right.

When opening them up, just be careful with the pot as sometimes it's locked to the cup (the external part of the headphones you can see) but sometimes it comes loose and might just slip out of the cup.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #18 of 23
Thanks for the tip. It's something like the others but 80's black.
After I took the screws out the body doesn't want to separate from the cup, it seems attached somehow where the potentiometer is and I really don't want to force it.

Aug 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #19 of 23
There's a thread for vintage headphones, would be great if you post it there as well: http://www.head-fi.org/t/420490/show-us-your-vintage-headphones

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. It's something like the others but 80's black.
After I took the screws out the body doesn't want to separate from the cup, it seems attached somehow where the potentiometer is and I really don't want to force it.

Probably a bit of glue---or something just got stuck over the years. Mine had that at first too. I wiggled it a bit and it came out.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #21 of 23
Picked up a pair at Goodwill today for $5.  Stunning sound.  Left pot a little dirty.  Using it on Technics Digital Ensemble so the neighbors are surely pleased.  I love the way they look and fit.  Coil cord keeps things neat.  I have 3 other sets and I think this sounds the best of all, but I'll try it on all the other sources:  TVs, computer, etc.  I think I got lucky today.  We have a great Goodwill store here in Washington PA.  My house is full of the stuff!

Feb 8, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #23 of 23
Congratulations, friend! I have a clone of your headphones - Mura HV-230, and Prefer HD84V in Germany,

Here are the technical specifications from the German forum, in German, but everything is clear:

Quelle: PREFER Katalog von 1977 aus meinem bescheidenen Archiv.

HD-84V PREFER dynamischer Kopfhörer
Der HD-84V ist der Spitzenreiter unter den Prefer¬dynamischen-Kopfhörern.
Die Elemente arbeiten nach dem "open-air"-Prinzip und gewähren einen nahezu
geraden Frequenzgang zwischen 20 und 21.000 Hz. Sein Gewicht (240Gramm),
die zweifach verstellbaren Ohrmuscheln mit weichen Ohrkissen aus Schaumstoff
und der hervorragend klare Klang, machen ihn zu den besten und erfolgreichsten
unter den Prefer-Dynamischen-Kopfhörern.

Technische Daten:
Prinzip: dynamisch
Frequenzbereich: 20-21.000 Hz.
Impedanz: 4-75 Ohm
Max. Schalldruckpegel: 120 dB Spl.
Max. Input: 250 mW.
Kabel: f 3 m. Leichtgewicht-Spiralschnur
Anschluß: 6,3 mm Klinkenstecker
Gewicht: 240 Gramm

Verkaufspreis 1977 DM 98.-

Good Luck! mura-hv-230-stereo-headphones-vintage_1_5984700ffc3a910cd879e3f3de960cb4.jpgklassiker-prefer-hd84v_16254.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back