Found a Black Widow Spider a foot from my house today. Can't stop freaking out...
Sep 4, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #46 of 91
some sick stuff that i'd rather not have known from this thread. But I do feel a bit safer since they don't sound as deadly as I previously thought.

Sep 4, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #47 of 91
Good, the thread is on a new page without creepy pics. Let's keep it that way, PLEASE!!!!

Sep 4, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #48 of 91
Soz far too tempted
very_evil_smiley.gif
Some creepy pics of the deadly brazilian wandering spider:

1487081776_ea033bc047.jpg

armadeira4.jpg

Pboliviensis-adultfemale.jpg

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #49 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone remembers the clock spider right?

clockspider.jpg

Yep, that is a huntsman. The big females can get to twice that size. Completely harmless, but good for scaring the brown out of you.

Oh, and I've had a huntsman almost that large fall in my lap from behind my sun visor while driving my car down the 'Tonk' at 110km/h. Good times, good times......

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #50 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and I've had a huntsman almost that large fall in my lap from behind my sun visor while driving my car down the 'Tonk' at 110km/h. Good times, good times......

F that i'd die if that happened to me

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #51 of 91
Quote:

Actually, I did die. I am just an unusually eloquent zombie.

Sep 4, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #52 of 91
This bite gets a bit itchy sometimes............

1_ohnowcomeonaloha.jpg

Sep 4, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #53 of 91
that huntsman is too freaking much for me. my house is infested with violin spiders so i feel your pain. we spray all the time and they still are around all summer long. they are dime to quarter sized usually and often appear in the bath tub. bad thing is that my cats like to play with them and i always freak out because i am afraid they will get bitten and die.

Sep 4, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #55 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This bite gets a bit itchy sometimes............

Thats naaasty! Is it real or a photoshop of some sort? If not, how'd it happen? Did it happen to you/is that your hand? Really a spider bite? What species? Explain please
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #56 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that huntsman is too freaking much for me. my house is infested with violin spiders so i feel your pain. we spray all the time and they still are around all summer long. they are dime to quarter sized usually and often appear in the bath tub. bad thing is that my cats like to play with them and i always freak out because i am afraid they will get bitten and die.

The violin spiders you mention are the brown reculses right? Man, saw a video of them and they are small, lightening quick and extremely venomous! Despite their apparent non-aggressive nature, that combo would scare me to death to be living in a house full of them! The vunerability.

Sep 4, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #57 of 91
Quote:

To be honest, I don't know how I'd react to that. I think at any given time it could be different. Fight or flight? Remain calm or freak? Lol! Thay are unsettling specimen to behold!

Beefy, when you say these huntsmans are harmless, I assume you mean in terms of toxicity of their venom to humans right? Surely a spider of that size and physical design can bite you nastily if not with any danger of fatality?

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #58 of 91
amphead, you may want to have some one take a look at that thumb mate, i think it could turn nasty
wink.gif

Sydney bogan spiders kick butt- the Redbacks are so hard they had a pair of safety boots named after them, and the Whitetail and Funnelweb will either kill you in a very short space of time or cause severe ulceration which just never seems to clear up.

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #59 of 91
ROFL this thread is making me crap my pants from laughing and from the picture of spiders.

God damn I f'in hate spiders.

Oh dude those pictures up the top are just gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back