Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Aug 18, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #8,192 of 12,086
  Still waiting on USPS to process the package. Really hoping they can get the PHs to me by the expected delivery date (today)... The wait is devastating D:

Have you received any tracking that shows they have been transferred to USPS? USPS usually sits on them for a few days after the transfer from these "crapPost" services. Good luck. Mine are supposed to be delivered tomorrow but DHL stills shows "en route" so I know that ain't happening.

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #8,193 of 12,086

Have you received any tracking that shows they have been transferred to USPS? USPS usually sits on them for a few days after the transfer from these "crapPost" services. Good luck. Mine are supposed to be delivered tomorrow but DHL stills shows "en route" so I know that ain't happening.

If that is your experience, then your local Postal facility is possibly at fault.

In the facility I work at, we make a priority of processing and turning these around quickly (FedEx, UPS, DHL), they *should* be delivered the next day. I'm not Management, but I'm sure the overall thinking is "Hey, they'll see that UPS took 5 days and we only took 1!" Which doesn't seem to work IMO, (many people don't seem to pay attention to that, only that their package took 6 long days to arrive, and USPS delivered it) but hey.... :p

Exception being if the inbound shipment misses their arrival appointment by more than like 2 hours (I'm looking at you, DHL!). Then it runs into other planned evolutions and causes a massive time and space crunch >.< This is more likely what happens when your packages aren't delivered timely by USPS.

Just my experience in my particular facility, though.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #8,194 of 12,086
Just put on the purplehearts and my God, this bass is something else. Reminds me of the Sony MDR-Z7 with much better extension. I'm kind of glad people weren't interested in my presale attempt.

Any more bass and my head will explode.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #8,195 of 12,086
  If Massdrop is reading this, please stop using DHL.

8/12 Shipped from Edison, NJ; 1.5 hours from my home. (Estimated delivery...8/19. 7 days!?)
8/13 DHL distribution center, Secaucus NJ, 40min from my home.
8/15 Tendered to USPS.
It's 8/17 and there have been no changes to tracking on USPS or DHL.

I'm not so impatient that I can't wait, but DHL is staggering in its inefficiency. 

From the posts on shipping here, it seems that DHL works well for customers outside the USA only.  
For customers inside the USA,  DHL simply is handing off to Parcel Select which an inferior USPS delivery option.  DHL gave my PH's to USPS on 8/12.  There are no updates since and Parcel Select is the Postal Services cheapest slowest shipping method.  
My Mahogany's arrived 3 days after Massdrop's ship notice - via UPS.

Aug 18, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #8,196 of 12,086

Supposedly passed onto USPS by DHL on the 16th at 5AM PST. Not sure why USPS hasn't done anything with it after 2 whole days. Should I be concerned/should I give USPS a call about it?

Aug 18, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #8,197 of 12,086
I had a nice surprise in my mailbox today, the Purpleheart Fostex (which I had forgot all about!) .
Initial impressions, are the bass digs deeper and the highs are definitely much smoother than the mahogany 00's!  The sub-bass actually tickles my eardrums!

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #8,198 of 12,086

If that is your experience, then your local Postal facility is possibly at fault.

In the facility I work at, we make a priority of processing and turning these around quickly (FedEx, UPS, DHL), they *should* be delivered the next day. I'm not Management, but I'm sure the overall thinking is "Hey, they'll see that UPS took 5 days and we only took 1!" Which doesn't seem to work IMO, (many people don't seem to pay attention to that, only that their package took 6 long days to arrive, and USPS delivered it) but hey.... :p

Exception being if the inbound shipment misses their arrival appointment by more than like 2 hours (I'm looking at you, DHL!). Then it runs into other planned evolutions and causes a massive time and space crunch >.< This is more likely what happens when your packages aren't delivered timely by USPS.

Just my experience in my particular facility, though.

USPS is amazing where I live, sometimes a day ahead of projection.  Amazon even has them doing Sunday deliveries for their 2 day shipping.  The USPS hand-offs from other carriers is never a problem either.

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #8,199 of 12,086
I received Massdrop's shipping notice on August 10 it's now the 18th and still waiting. . .  The tracking number supplied comes up with an error on the DHL website.  This sux!  Use another postal service Massdrop!

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #8,200 of 12,086
They use DHL cause it's cheapest. Who cares about the fact that you have to wait awhile if they can achieve higher profit margins using a cheaper carrier?
devil_face.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #8,201 of 12,086
  I received Massdrop's shipping notice on August 10 it's now the 18th and still waiting. . .  The tracking number supplied comes up with an error on the DHL website.  This sux!  Use another postal service Massdrop!

After multiple attempts at tracking this package I was finally successful.  The package is supposed to arrive tomorrow August 19th.  We'll see. . .

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #8,203 of 12,086
I too was given the option to either get a replacement or a refund after sending them pictures of the smudges. I have opted for the replacement. I was given a UPS return slip with RMA and was told to ship back the defective unit once the new one has been received.

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #8,204 of 12,086
How about asking them to sent new replacement cups over, having an extra cup will be handy. You wun endure the dreaded wait:grin:

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #8,205 of 12,086
Wiped down my cups with a cloth as they had quite a bit of handling smudging on them. Now I can see quite a few imperfections. Bubble wrap marks on both sides, and one side has a scratch with multiple little dot scratches. It is rather hard to get photographed, but it's very noticeable now. I'll be talking to Massdrop about a replacement unit.

My serial Number is 01088.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back