Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Mar 25, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #5,567 of 12,086
I joined the drop... I listened to the original TH-X00 in the San Francisco meet last year and I really liked them... now wait...and wait... patiently LOL 
popcorn.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #5,568 of 12,086
Missed the mahoganies but these are likely more refined so couldn't pass up. Now to wait 5 months....

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #5,569 of 12,086
  Is it possible to cancel an order for refund on mahogany X00 even though I wouldn't join the purpleheart drop? (Just considering different options.)

Nope, we don't do satisfaction based returns or post-drop cancelations unless there are deeply extenuating circumstances (vendor is multiple weeks late on delivery, shipping barge sinks, etc).  

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #5,575 of 12,086
Someone could probably turn a nice little profit if they sold a kit with everything needed to solder in detachable plugs and a video/tutorial to go along with it. I have no experience with that stuff, but if I had all the necessary tools/parts and someone walking me through, I would give it a try.

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #5,578 of 12,086
Mar 25, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #5,580 of 12,086
So that should make it a more refined/articulated can am I right?
i dont know much about tonewood but different wood does have different sound property. From what i know according to Will and google search. Mahogany tends to be bloomy and resonant. Purpleheart is less resonant due to it being harder and according to a guitar website purpleheart along with some exotic woods are tighter sounding. There was someone here on headfi who modded his grados headphones by experimenting with different wood types and found some wood to sound better than others. So purpleheart should be technically better. I may be wrong since no one has heart the new version yet. Some may like the bloom so they might prefer the mahogany version. But there might be changes in the driver as well. They did change the resonant material so they might have to adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back