Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Mar 25, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #5,554 of 12,087
The guy that has actually heard these is saying on the massdrop page that the sonic differences are barely discernible, I am not sure what to do now. To buy both and try them or just jump on the Purples (which imo take the cake lookswise)

If they only charge the difference if you swap over it would save a lot of headaches with refunding. I am from the UK and paid by paypal, I have had paypal refunds take 30 days before. By the time I would have the refund it will nearly be May anyway...

I have contacted support enquiring if they could just charge the difference if I decided to swap over, if anyone gets a clear answer before me if you could post here I would be grateful :)

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #5,555 of 12,087
Contact Massdrop Suppprt
biggrin.gif
we are a head-fi forum here

Mean while my spare drivers has arrived
biggrin.gif
. Fostex is addicting

I didn't want to contact Massdrop, as I still want to get my X00s.
I was just considering to buy a second hand pair instead of waiting until May.
I thought, someone might have experience with this.

I know how Massdrop support and Head-Fi works, no worries.

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #5,557 of 12,087
  The guy that has actually heard these is saying on the massdrop page that the sonic differences are barely discernible, I am not sure what to do now. To buy both and try them or just jump on the Purples (which imo take the cake lookswise)

If they only charge the difference if you swap over it would save a lot of headaches with refunding. I am from the UK and paid by paypal, I have had paypal refunds take 30 days before. By the time I would have the refund it will nearly be May anyway...

I have contacted support enquiring if they could just charge the difference if I decided to swap over, if anyone gets a clear answer before me if you could post here I would be grateful :)

They're obviously going to sound very similar. Same drivers, same pads, exact same specs on drivers, just a different type of wood housing they're using for the cups. The description they have for them even tells you this - it's only measures a couple db's different in most of the frequency's.

The guy on MD verifying this shouldn't be a big surprise.

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #5,559 of 12,087
Yeah, but then you don't have the top of the line drivers in it....kind of like a Corvette body with a civic engine ?

If nobody listened to the X00's with the red cups, they wouldn't know, but since I see you now have spare th900 drivers, you might as well go balls to the wall

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #5,560 of 12,087

They're obviously going to sound very similar. Same drivers, same pads, exact same specs on drivers, just a different type of wood housing they're using for the cups. The description they have for them even tells you this - it's only measures a couple db's different in most of the frequency's.

The guy on MD verifying this shouldn't be a big surprise.

Agreed. The differences will be subtle. Probably not even audible by everyone.

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #5,564 of 12,087
I think its kinda funny how you are seeing several X00's pop up in the classifieds ads right now. Ironic.... the excuse people are giving is even more funny too.. You know they are going for the Purpleheart ones :roll eyes:

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #5,565 of 12,087
I think its kinda funny how you are seeing several X00's pop up in the classifieds ads right now. Ironic.... the excuse people are giving is even more funny too.. You know they are going for the Purpleheart ones :roll eyes:

I don't know about that, with the Purpleheart's is more V-shaped signature, it's practically the TH-600 with wooden cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back