Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Feb 20, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #5,028 of 12,086

No, I have never heard the TH-600 and the TH-900.

Ah too bad.

If you're treble sensitive don't go for the TH900. Haven't heard the 600 so can't comment on that

Thanks.  Not really treble sensitive (I like Grados...so
wink.gif
)

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #5,029 of 12,086
  Hey all, I recently had my TH-X00's stolen (serial #0997), so if any of you are in the southwestern Ontario area (particularly around the GTA) and you see somebody trying to sell this pair I would appreciate if you could message me to let me know. Thanks.

Just to let you guys know, these headphones are making their way back to the owner.  I received them from a seller on eBay last week and recognized the serial from the discussion thread on Massdrop.  I have received a refund and the seller seems to have been another innocent victim in this ordeal.

I withdrew from the drop on Massdrop when I bought the first set, but was able to purchase the set from that last eBay listing linked here a few days ago.  I also picked up an Oppo HA-2 and I'm very pleased with the combo.  I'm currently listening to Korn - The Path of Totality on them, and man does it sound great!

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #5,030 of 12,086
  Just to let you guys know, these headphones are making their way back to the owner.  I received them from a seller on eBay last week and recognized the serial from the discussion thread on Massdrop.  I have received a refund and the seller seems to have been another innocent victim in this ordeal.

I withdrew from the drop on Massdrop when I bought the first set, but was able to purchase the set from that last eBay listing linked here a few days ago.  I also picked up an Oppo HA-2 and I'm very pleased with the combo.  I'm currently listening to Korn - The Path of Totality on them, and man does it sound great!

Great to hear. Felt really sorry for the guy. Very astute work on your part as well

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #5,033 of 12,086

That's great news.  Now lets hope they catch the original thief

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #5,037 of 12,086
A friend made this video to show a lack of articulation on one side of the TH-X00... I can't tell if there is anything abnormal though. What do you all think? Is there something wrong or is this the same as yours? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNShtfWr32Y

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #5,038 of 12,086
A friend made this video to show a lack of articulation hes experiencing on one side of his TH-X00... I can't tell if there is anything abnormal though. What do you all think? Is there something wrong or is this the same as yours? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNShtfWr32Y

Definitely something fishy with those headphones. Looks like one cup is moving too much and the other one too little. 

Maybe he got the dj-version? (Joke)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back