Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Jan 5, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #3,751 of 12,089
I noticed a small ding on the bottom edge of the right cup, but I have no idea how it got there. I've babied my pair since I opened them. They've either been on my head or my best stand and the one time I did transport them, they were in a box.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #3,752 of 12,089
  I noticed a small ding on the bottom edge of the right cup, but I have no idea how it got there. I've babied my pair since I opened them. They've either been on my head or my best stand and the one time I did transport them, they were in a box.

I just packed mine into a box with a TON of packing peanuts, to get it recabled! Here's to hoping it returns to me undinged 

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #3,755 of 12,089
Any recommendations on a portable DAC with 1/4 audio connector? Would love to do away with the adaptor.

Chord Hugo is a great solution!
But a Grado or Sennheiser adaptor cable only cost $15 
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #3,758 of 12,089
  Chord Hugo is a great solution!
But a Grado or Sennheiser adaptor cable only cost $15 
wink.gif

Yes... Besides Mojo sounds more musical than Hugo. Sennheiser adapter is great. Grado adapter is very bulky.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #3,759 of 12,089
Perhaps I put the wink on the wrong line 
eek.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #3,763 of 12,089
A think the perfectionist in me just wanted a 1/4 adaptor that matched the silver colour of the 1/4 jack on the TH-X00's!!

Hum, like...?
http://amzn.com/B0179FIN7A (Not as white as in the picture, standard stainless steel color in reality)
But unless you can make sure your cable be managed completely steady that it doesn't stress the jack at all, using an huge solid adapter like these is not recommended.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #3,765 of 12,089
No problem. Be noted that the one I linked is the rhodium plated version (since it's all silver :p). Rhodium is harder so is more resistant to repeated plugging. However it has lower conductivity and is said to change sounds in ways of colder, analytic, clearer, and could sounded thin in cases (not sure which of these would actually realize). It is also more expensive.
So if you are not going to plug it often and don't feel like to opt in those possible changes, probably just buy the gold plated version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back