Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 12, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #2,583 of 12,086
  +1  add hip hop to the mix... I am listening to some Kendrick Lamar now, but it is mostly the bass riffs from the songs that are keeping glued to the X00s now... I wish I had the words to describe what I am hearing...

Marcus Miller soon to follow.. just for the bass

+2  
L3000.gif

I listened to Azealia Bank's Broke With Expensive Taste album earlier today and it was an audible adventure! Heavy Metal and Reflective (my favorite jam on that album) was intense. The layers and textures sounded great and had quite a bit of space on the X00's. It's funny... when I'm out and hear a song I immediately think, "What would that sound like on my X00's?" Earlier today, I was getting my hair cut and Dead Prez's Hip Hop track came on and, yep, sounds pretty awesome out of the X00's. Especially the last 30 seconds where the beat comes back in and fades out. Recommended. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #2,585 of 12,086

so secks

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #2,588 of 12,086
I love how they look so different depending on the light.

yeah, I kind of want to do a video showing the almost 3D like effect of just sort of moving them around in the light.  It's like the striping and grain moves around.  

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #2,591 of 12,086
  how does it sound compared to Denon? are they similar?

Very similar.   I have different pads on both...and the pads do modify the signatures.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #2,592 of 12,086
Almost feel bad because my x1's and he400s just got tossed aside and I have no want to listen to those.

my 400i still get head time, but that's about it, other than practicality reasons (walking the dog, etc).  Thing the 400i plus the THX00 cover basically all of my listening needs as far as sit down critical listening.  Also, the 40 or so hours of skin oils into the pads have really softened them up, they feel pretty luxurious now, though when I think about why they do (skin oil) it's kind of gross, haha.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #2,595 of 12,086

Very similar.   I have different pads on both...and the pads do modify the signatures.

Yea that's 100% accurate! I found the same with my Modded D5k an the TH X00, honesty I took the Alpha Pads off my LA D5k an put them onto my TH X00, when I did that aside from a SMIDGE more mids on the TH X00, the two sounded very simmilar

I'm getting my LA D5k serviced as it's got a few screws loose [literally] an having Mark put Lawton Pads on to them. When I have my LA D5k back I'll do a side by Side comparison... then I'll b sending my TH X00 off to be recabled xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back