Fostex TH900 MkII
Apr 23, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #1,141 of 1,501
For the 3rd time, a 900 has made its way back into the collection. Local purchase I could not refuse. Owner had it sent off to Moon I believe to switch the cable to a black dragon so I might have it either reterminated or replaced entirely. It does needs new pads (probably get Ori's) and a headband pad but otherwise pretty well loved and happy to have it back.

Screenshot_20220423-134806_Facebook.jpg

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #1,142 of 1,501
For the 3rd time, a 900 has made its way back into the collection. Local purchase I could not refuse. Owner had it sent off to Moon I believe to switch the cable to a black dragon so I might have it either reterminated or replaced entirely. It does needs new pads (probably get Ori's) and a headband pad but otherwise pretty well loved and happy to have it back.

Screenshot_20220423-134806_Facebook.jpg
I'd get them modded to detachable cable 👍

Apr 24, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #1,143 of 1,501
I'd get them modded to detachable cable 👍
Would mini XLR female fit on a 900 cup? If not, I might just send them off to get recabled to the driver. I asked PlusSound but seemed like they were hesitant when I inquired as it has been some time since they worked on an MK1.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #1,144 of 1,501
Apr 24, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #1,145 of 1,501
I might reach out to Mark later once I decide what I want to do. I have no experience with his scorpion cables, so I am not sure of weight and feel but that is a good option as well I agree. Wonder if he can do 4.4 termination.

I have reached out to Compass for some original pads, out of stock, so I might need to do Ori or Dekoni until I can find some originals. The pads on this pair are flaking off and kind of unlistenable with them.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #1,146 of 1,501
I might reach out to Mark later once I decide what I want to do. I have no experience with his scorpion cables, so I am not sure of weight and feel but that is a good option as well I agree. Wonder if he can do 4.4 termination.

I have reached out to Compass for some original pads, out of stock, so I might need to do Ori or Dekoni until I can find some originals. The pads on this pair are flaking off and kind of unlistenable with them.
I recently reached out to Mark for the same reason and he says he doesn't offer recabling services anymore. He had a guy that did most of it for him but when the Pandemic hit, he stopped doing it. I thought things might have changed since then, but it looks like he doesn't plan on offering that anymore. He recommended using Moon Audio.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #1,147 of 1,501
I recently reached out to Mark for the same reason and he says he doesn't offer recabling services anymore. He had a guy that did most of it for him but when the Pandemic hit, he stopped doing it. I thought things might have changed since then, but it looks like he doesn't plan on offering that anymore. He recommended using Moon Audio.
Good to know. I may end up just keeping the black dragon on it and getting it reterminated to 4.4 then. It certainly is a nice cable but very long and not pliable at all which is my main dislike of it but something I could get around I guess once I start using it more.

I did just hear from PlusSound, and they would be willing to recable it as well. So a good option for Stateside.

Screenshot_20220424-093725_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #1,148 of 1,501
Good to know. I may end up just keeping the black dragon on it and getting it reterminated to 4.4 then. It certainly is a nice cable but very long and not pliable at all which is my main dislike of it but something I could get around I guess once I start using it more.

I did just hear from PlusSound, and they would be willing to recable it as well. So a good option for Stateside.

Screenshot_20220424-093725_Facebook.jpg
Black dragon is a cooper cable , nice but it did rounded the treble and slight less v shape.

Apr 24, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #1,149 of 1,501
Black dragon is a cooper cable , nice but it did rounded the treble and slight less v shape.
The seller also included a Silver dragon cable with the same 1/4'' rhodium termination, looks like it is unnused and was not connected. I feel like a pure copper or even a gold plated copper would be best. I might get it recabled by PlusSound and sell the 2 Moon Audio cables.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #1,150 of 1,501
The seller also included a Silver dragon cable with the same 1/4'' rhodium termination, looks like it is unnused and was not connected. I feel like a pure copper or even a gold plated copper would be best. I might get it recabled by PlusSound and sell the 2 Moon Audio cables.
The silver dragon is copper with silver cable, its brighter and slightly less bass. Brighter than the black dragon , but not brighter than stock.

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #1,152 of 1,501
Apr 24, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #1,153 of 1,501
Would mini XLR female fit on a 900 cup? If not, I might just send them off to get recabled to the driver. I asked PlusSound but seemed like they were hesitant when I inquired as it has been some time since they worked on an MK1.
No too big, if your getting them re cabled then you can always get a set of pigtail adaptors should you ever need a different type of termination.

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #1,154 of 1,501
Brand new Pearl White was on sale - couldn’t help myself! Hopefully will arrive this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back