Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 6, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #5,522 of 18,765
Eagerly awaiting your next batch of fotos then. Been trying to take fotos of mine but I have not managed good enough fotos to post.

:)

These pics will be my downfall sooner or later. They look beautiful!

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Press. Order.... Must.... Resist..........

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #5,524 of 18,765

Awesome pix. My TH 900 is on its way to India and hopefully should get my hands on it late next week. Did you listen it to it SE before recabling it ?

Thanks! I actually couldn't since I had it sent directly to DHC. However, I did spent a bit of time with a pair of TH900 with the stock cable at a small Seattle meet a while back. I remember the bass being way too much, and the sound wasn't as coherent and spacious sounding as it is right now. Maybe it's just my memory playing tricks on me.

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #5,525 of 18,765

Thanks! I actually couldn't since I had it sent directly to DHC. However, I did spent a bit of time with a pair of TH900 with the stock cable at a small Seattle meet a while back. I remember the bass being way too much, and the sound wasn't as coherent and spacious sounding as it is right now. Maybe it's just my memory playing tricks on me.

Oh ok. Reason I ask is I bought it and immediately sent it to Moon Audio for recabling such that I could use the HPs either SE or balanced. Thanks.

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #5,526 of 18,765
Eagerly awaiting your next batch of fotos then. Been trying to take fotos of mine but I have not managed good enough fotos to post.

smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks! I'll try taking pix when the sun is actually out directly. I try to utilize the light, mirrors, object placement and what not but still not dslr quality. Oh well.

These pics will be my downfall sooner or later. They look beautiful!

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Press. Order.... Must.... Resist..........

Here's some quickies for you >:)

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #5,527 of 18,765
Wow. The cabling looks amazing. Definitely worth sending it to DHC 
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #5,528 of 18,765
GG I know full well how nice they look.... and the mini xlr mod would make all my audeze cables work with it... dang..... I can't hold for much longer!

Oct 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #5,529 of 18,765
  GG I know full well how nice they look.... and the mini xlr mod would make all my audeze cables work with it... dang..... I can't hold for much longer!

You know you can't resist much longer....

I am listening to it right now on the Cavalli Lau, it is sounding mighty fine. This is coming off the back of the LCD3, and the TH900 is a more vibrant and lively sounding.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #5,530 of 18,765
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steven2509/sets/72157636259133705/

Finally gotten around to uploading the shots taken a month ago
redface.gif

Off-topic /
GG - just read your 1plus2 review and the TH900 comparison brought it all back for me. 1plus2 at the London meet was a revelation. Dunno though might see an audiologist about whether my ears can handle customs and skip 1k universals entirely

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #5,532 of 18,765

redface.gif

Off-topic /
GG - just read your 1plus2 review and the TH900 comparison brought it all back for me. 1plus2 at the London meet was a revelation. Dunno though might see an audiologist about whether my ears can handle customs and skip 1k universals entirely

How are you liking the TH900? Burn in those OFC cables first :p My cables had a flat bass response but it blossomed and now I have more slam and sub as well after a day of playback. Fwiw, it's quite remarkable since I hate hyperbole on cable sound, but it was quite drastic for me. 

Yep, long overdue review, wasn't too in-depth as I would've liked but the point of it was to draw comparisons rather than dissect it. I personally despise customs since they're such a bother to handle on a daily basis, but then again, it's always a constant worry to lose the tips on uIEMs as well though the 1Plus2 was really light and smaller and easier to handle than a custom ime.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #5,534 of 18,765

redface.gif

Off-topic /

Nice pics.

The TH900's are just too damn pretty lol.

I find myself just looking at them sitting on the stand all the time and admiring them 
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #5,535 of 18,765
Hi everyone, I just ordered the TH-900 and am pretty psyched.  

For now, will connect directly to Oppo BDP-105 as the amp/source with music flowing from a 2012 Mac Mini.  

Starting the research on an ideal amp, but hoping the Oppo will do for now.  Anyone else have experience with a similar setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back