Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 1, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #16,652 of 18,762
How do these sound with the 610 pads? Difference between them and the stock pads?

Thanks!

Jul 17, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #16,653 of 18,762
Picked up my new Fostex TH900 MKII over the weekend after much research. Couldn't be happier:darthsmile:, exactly what I expecting and more. Mainly used for deep/tech/chill house, drum and bass, psy trance.

Bass is incredible, very fun and extremely comfortable, haven't yet had any major issues with the treble. IMO the overall synergy is far superior to the Focal Elear, which was my primary can.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #16,654 of 18,762
Picked up my new Fostex TH900 MKII over the weekend after much research. Couldn't be happier:darthsmile:, exactly what I expecting and more. Mainly used for deep/tech/chill house, drum and bass, psy trance.

Bass is incredible, very fun and extremely comfortable, haven't yet had any major issues with the treble. IMO the overall synergy is far superior to the Focal Elear, which was my primary can.
20190326_184337.jpg

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #16,655 of 18,762
I've just bought a modded TH900mk2 and unfortunately, the modder has cut off the protective grill in front of the driver so I've unintentionally broken the diaphragm trying to swap the pad... Any tips on what's the best course of action?
Thanks in advance

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #16,656 of 18,762
I've just bought a modded TH900mk2 and unfortunately, the modder has cut off the protective grill in front of the driver so I've unintentionally broken the diaphragm trying to swap the pad... Any tips on what's the best course of action?
Thanks in advance

Sad enough. :frowning2:
I would get original spare parts (sounds like the grill and a driver) from your official Fostex distributor in your country and repair it. When you think you are skilled enough you can do this by yourself, otherwise your local Fostex distributor can give you an advice how it can be repaired.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #16,657 of 18,762
Sad enough. :frowning2:
I would get original spare parts (sounds like the grill and a driver) from your official Fostex distributor in your country and repair it. When you think you are skilled enough you can do this by yourself, otherwise your local Fostex distributor can give you an advice how it can be repaired.
Same thought I've got but in Europe it's really difficult to find the spare parts as it seems only FullCompass has these drivers.

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #16,658 of 18,762
Same thought I've got but in Europe it's really difficult to find the spare parts as it seems only FullCompass has these drivers.

Have contacted Thomann? I got spare earpads through them.

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #16,660 of 18,762
I never asked for drivers, but i'm pretty sure that the European Fostex distributor can deliver them. I once asked the German and the British distributor for another spare part and got a quote from both.
Have a look at the Fostex website, there you can find them.

They didn't have a public website with all deliverable parts on it. Probably they send you an exploded view drawing where you have to identify the parts you need.

Jul 23, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #16,662 of 18,762
I was thinking about this. Do you guys think QC is good enough to replace only 1 driver, or, to prevent a sonic imbalace, should both drivers be replaced at the same time?

I must replace both the drivers cause the modder has removed the grill on both as a part of tuning and has heavy modded the driver and the inside of the cups too.
I've broken the diaphragm cause I wasn't aware that the grill has been removed...

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #16,664 of 18,762
From a reselling point of view it's better to:
  1. Buy only 1 driver and send the cans to the modder to get only the tuning done to the replaced driver
  2. Buy 2 drivers and replace both of them and keep only the cups modded

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #16,665 of 18,762
From a reselling point of view it's better to:
  1. Buy only 1 driver and send the cans to the modder to get only the tuning done to the replaced driver
  2. Buy 2 drivers and replace both of them and keep only the cups modded
Imo same regardless.. If it's modded, it's modded. Just up to the buyer if they like/want the mod. Regardless it ain't original anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back