Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #11,252 of 18,772
Of course it's conjecture - no one outside of the headphone manufacturers know what's really going on in their HQ's. But what's more likely, that ALL headphone manufacturers have exactly the same thing in mind when creating theirs? Or that they all have different goals when making them? 

And there's no denying that certain headphones are better certain genres than others. 

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #11,253 of 18,772
i wouldn't pretend to know what they have in mind. all i know is that they design and manufacture cans, and have product lines that they market to the pro audio and consumer markets.

the claim that particular headphones are better for certain musical genres than others is a matter of opinion - like most of the claims that folks make here. :wink:

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #11,254 of 18,772
 the claim that particular headphones are better for certain musical genres than others is a matter of opinion - like most of the claims that folks make here. 
wink.gif

I never said it wasn't. I was just expressing mine. 
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #11,255 of 18,772
glad you qualified that coz "there's no denying that" you expressed it in a way that could be mistaken for a factual claim :wink:

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #11,256 of 18,772
Well, to be fair... would you say that all headphones are equally good for all genres of music? 

Chances are, almost everyone in this entire world will prefer one headphone over another for certain genres. 

You're right, in that something like this isn't quantifiable with hard data, but... intuitively, it's not hard to assume that most people will agree with the claim that some headphones are better than others for genres. You're just being pedantic. 
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #11,263 of 18,772
  Yes, indeed I am! What would an internet forum be if we couldn't share our subjective opinions! Goodness gracious. 

+1. going this week to test hd800 and my th900 in store, bring my chord hugo as an a/b as well between the two. My issue is th900 is my first refrence can as I relegated my dr dre to my pearl e pro live kit, so have no idea what else sounds good or compliments. Leave some thoughts for what its worth.

Concerning hpa8 and th900 no kidding its a good match. As fantastic as the hugo is I cant stop listening to the a8 on the th900. It offers a different flavor, a little cleaner on the mid with giving a deep rumble when called for. But i cant bring a8 to the store and have no idea how hd800 would sound on it.

Lastly i see audeze has a lcd4 out at 4500 can $. he 1000 is 3500 can $ so this sport, is getting crazy.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #11,265 of 18,772

................................ hd800 .............................chord hugo ....................................................
.................................................................................................................. Leave some thoughts for what its worth.

Don't bring any Celine Dion.

Won't bring nickel back or Avril lavigne either, not that they are talking to each other right now.:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back