Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Feb 13, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #3,287 of 18,763
Quote:
Me too, was expecting it to sound similar to d7000. Lets wait and see.. It could be equally good with a diff sound signature.

Make no mistake about it, the TH-900s are not equally good as the D7000s. They are better in every way!

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3,289 of 18,763
Production of Th900 will also be in the future without any modification of the headphone.
I was asking therefore 2 months ago in japan.

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #3,294 of 18,763
Quote:
Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

May I ask, I have seen some posts before mentioning an issue with the cup having a loose connection to the headband; is this known to happen on its own or is it the result of some external factor?

I believe there are only 4-6 reported case so far and may not represent the majority of the stocks.

Here is my personal story (again personal) on that screws..The technician that tighten the screws happened to de dreaming about becoming rich and may apply a relatively light force to it, his dreams then pop and the whole mental structure of being rich collapse in split second when his boss walk pass and decided to use more strength to tighten it. So that is why 4-6 people suffer from anxiety and stress related issues when that cups fall off halfway way to musical enlightenment.

I am kidding.. of course.

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3,297 of 18,763
Haha, thanks.. I'm hoping it's as rare as you say and that my pair are alright. Just have to wait and see..

To be on the safe side, you can remove the pad by giving a slight anti-clockwise twist on the pad, it will come off. Remove 4 screws and the cup comes off, then tighten the screws.

Thanks for the advice, I'll bear it in mind :)

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #3,299 of 18,763
The box is sure big - compared to the actual headphones within. :) Maybe it is some sign indicating the soundstage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back