Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #2,536 of 18,776
While I can kind of see this to a point there is some music I really wouldn't like to listen to on the TH900. (Well, vs the Stax). Electronic stuff though is amazing on the TH900. 
Quote:
Love it. Love reading those first notes. As phenomenal as a Stax setup is, I'm just not convinced it will yield the greatest musical enjoyment for me at this time in my life. TH900 + LF is truly world class fun.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2,537 of 18,776
Quote:
While I can kind of see this to a point there is some music I really wouldn't like to listen to on the TH900. (Well, vs the Stax). Electronic stuff though is amazing on the TH900. 

Electronic music or any thing with a beat is amazing on the TH-900s. :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #2,538 of 18,776

Oh no doubt with chamber, classical, ambient, acoustic/instrumental will be far superior on Stax and I'd reach for it 99% of the time. I really feel that owning a top end stat rig and a top tier dynamic rig is truly the best of both worlds. I would miss the other. Working on both.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #2,539 of 18,776
We're at opposite ends but I feel we'll both end up in the middle. I really want some of those TH900s after hearing yours. 

Quote:
Oh no doubt with chamber, classical, ambient, acoustic/instrumental will be far superior on Stax and I'd reach for it 99% of the time. I really feel that owning a top end stat rig and a top tier dynamic rig is truly the best of both worlds. I would miss the other. Working on both.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #2,542 of 18,776
Not right now. It's about to crash and burn with my new speaker rig the girlfriend has forced me to buy soon.

I wish my other half would force me to buy a stax 009 and blue Hawaii. Up to now I still haven't pull the trigger yet. I am still dreaming... once in awhile..

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #2,543 of 18,776
Just start playing your speakers obnoxiously loud. They'll want you to invest in headphones to shut them up. :D

She actually decided we needed speakers because she knew I wanted some and she was getting sick of hearing my 009 from across the room. 

'I want to listen to music sometimes with you, too and I know you won't settle for anything less than a completely stretched budget will allow.'

Quote:
I wish my other half would force me to buy a stax 009 and blue Hawaii. Up to now I still haven't pull the trigger yet. I am still dreaming... once in awhile..

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #2,545 of 18,776
Woohoo , just ordered a  TH900 for 1600 Canadian including delivery !

From Australia
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back