Fostex TH7BB : REVIEW * New FOTM ! Best Sub $100 Full-sized
Feb 5, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #16 of 18
I disagree with you only on the sound-stage & I think the mid-bass is lacking. I find the sound-stage to be extremely wide and depthy. I felt like I was surrounded by sound instead of it being above me. My review is up for this pair of magnificent headphones.

Mew, did you ever try opening them? As is the nature of all Fostex headphones I feel that these could probably be modded a little bit. I've already thrown some new pads on them.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #17 of 18
$50: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CIVVJQS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A304D686EJ3MRJ

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 18
Like the post before me said they can be modded and damped... They best with their holographic 3-d imaging and relatively spherical soundstage all my other headphone(2 Stax,2 AKG, and he 400 ortho hifiman, because they are the most speakerlike imaging can I ever listen to...I damped them and uses Herkimer diamond inside the cups + bands of micro crystals... They own 2 top mention in musical french review Diapason and Classica... The ratio price/quality of these headphone exceed all...I am afraid now to buy other costly headphones because will they sound with speakerlike 3-d holographically imaging and natural rendering of voice and timbre ? They are not the most refine headphone,no, but they are good on all counts for me....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back