Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Nov 18, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #3,002 of 3,438
  I put it in my head to give the TH-600 another whirl. If anybody feels like trading for my DX1000 shoot me a PM.

Tempting.. I'll consider this if I don't care for the Nighthawk, which I plan on auditioning soon.

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #3,004 of 3,438
Ok... since you asked...

To have cleaner less thicker bass and more elevated mids, add more damping to rear. .
Most materials will have same effect of damping. ..

To have smoother trebles, add this.

This is similar liner material used in HD800 and he560 mods that specifically targets high frequency without losing detail or adding dullness..
This material solves this issue.

There are slightly different shapes, colors amd thickness to match most users sibilant spots so you can easily try different to achieve your favored results without any special know how.

Just a simple circle mod by just twisting open your earpads and placing in...
Now you have an even more refined sound. .
This should bring the th600 trebles closer or even more refined then the th900..
You will not miss the w3000.

Smoother and better:

Also you are Correct.
The th600 is a more powerful larger presentation over the w3000 or any closed can because of th600 not fully closed design...
This can has high realism near Top can level quality sound which puts it on par with other top closed cans.
The th600 to me is more like a muscled up T1 on steroids.

I am going to reterminate them to balanced as they deserve :wink:

Just did the drawer liner mod on my TH-600's and it absolutely works! Pretty amazing. The highs are more like the T-900's as far as clarity, but without the slight harshness that the 900's had. Wow.

Hello everyone,
I am not sure if who else tried modding the th600,
As you can get both more refined trebles and midrange more in line with the bass.
I have posted my mod way back, so I am quoting for everyone to see again.

These TH600 stayed with me for a long time while I let many others go.

Regrettably,
just now I have also decided to let them go,
But only for personal reasons as these were a keeper for me.
Here is sale link as to why:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/788618/fostex-th600/0_20#post_12099005

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #3,005 of 3,438
Was this set of headphones supposed to come with a felt-like bag? Another thread mentioned that both the TH600 and TH900 were supposed to come with a fabric bag, but mine did not. I'm curious to hear what was in everyone else's box when they opened it.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #3,006 of 3,438
  Was this set of headphones supposed to come with a felt-like bag? Another thread mentioned that both the TH600 and TH900 were supposed to come with a fabric bag, but mine did not. I'm curious to hear what was in everyone else's box when they opened it.

No felt bag, a pleather drawstring one.

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #3,008 of 3,438

Mine came brand-new and it did not come with a bag. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #3,009 of 3,438

Mine has the felt-satin bag.  It came double boxed, cardboard outer shipping, inner Fostex box plastic wrapped with a clam shell box holding the headphone inside.

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #3,012 of 3,438
I got mine used from another member and there wasnt a bag of any sort included, but its relatively pointless seeing as these are best suited for home use anyways.

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #3,013 of 3,438

I bought both a TH600 and a TH900 new, neither came with any kind of bag though... unless its hidden somewhere in the rather big case, did not check that (and sold the TH600 in the meantime).

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #3,015 of 3,438
This thread is now officially the bag discussion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back