Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Dec 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #1,711 of 3,438
Do these fiber/cellulose drivers take longer to break in? I swear it's nowhere as aggressive in a treble as it was just after one overnight pink noise run in, most of the phones don't need more than that. Could be pads as well. 
confused.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #1,714 of 3,438
  what is a bio cellulose driver... I should google that

Found some
 *"Biodyna diaphragm is made by Bio-cellulose fiber featuring low specific gravity, high Yang's modulus and high internal loss at the same time to achieve 2 times high propagation velocity and 5 times high rigidity against the conventional plastic film based driver unit. - See more at: http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH-900.shtml#sthash.HidNLWN5.dpuf

Wow, that's a good one

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #1,716 of 3,438
Dec 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #1,718 of 3,438
If so I would love them more..

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #1,720 of 3,438
So it's official I am now a proud owner of the th600s. I must thank Drew over at Moon Audio for all his help answering all my questions and shipping fast. I love the way these look and feel and by far are super comfortable. The only issue which really isn't one is the fact that for me they clamp very lightly however they do not move around. I wouldn't feel safe jogging in them by means but they weren't bought For that purpose.

I also purchased the black dragon v2 cable and had Drew attach it as well and must say very nice quality. Unfortunately I have not been able to try them out yet due to the fact that I don't have an amp other than the total bithead amp however I don't know if that would be bad or good to use till I choose an amp. I planed on running them directly from the iPad until the amp is chosen.Will I damage them running directly from the iPad.

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #1,721 of 3,438
So it's official I am now a proud owner of the th600s. I must thank Drew over at Moon Audio for all his help answering all my questions and shipping fast. I love the way these look and feel and by far are super comfortable. The only issue which really isn't one is the fact that for me they clamp very lightly however they do not move around. I wouldn't feel safe jogging in them by means but they weren't bought For that purpose.

I also purchased the black dragon v2 cable and had Drew attach it as well and must say very nice quality. Unfortunately I have not been able to try them out yet due to the fact that I don't have an amp other than the total bithead amp however I don't know if that would be bad or good to use till I choose an amp. I planed on running them directly from the iPad until the amp is chosen.Will I damage them running directly from the iPad.

No you will not damage them running them from an iPad. Contrary to popular belief around here sometimes expensive headphones don't HAVE TO go with expensive amps.

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,722 of 3,438
I can't believe my shipper sent the box with name one it(!)

Woohoo.. Come to papa..

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #1,723 of 3,438
Wow realism is high..
Out of box makes the dennon ah-d600 sound like a little sibilant box lol.

OMG just played a bass track...
Scared myself! Lol
Bass is pretty dam deep and no mid bass hump like my den ah-D600 wich seems more punchy compared to these th600.

Using my Continental tube amp and trebles are not bad at all especially compared to the dennons ...
Sonds more u shaped sig and mids have good tonality while trebles are elevated somewhere beyond the more sibilant zone..
Soundstage is very good as a result.
All this is pre-burn in and I have no idea how burn in will change it..
Anyone?

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #1,724 of 3,438
Has anyone experimented with packing TH600 cups with fiberloft material ala TH900, wondering if this makes TH900 treble smoother.

MarkL used this stuff in his first version of Lawton mod, but then advised against it. Interesting than Fostex picked that up as a way to dampen TH900.
looks like that stuff did the opposite but from my trials with other cans I bet you can find a substance that can tame highs but there is no way to avoid altering the mids in the process.. IMO..

Anyway I decided to do what I never do..
I decided to use an equalizer to the sound while they break in, as they are my fun cans anyway, and noticed with only a slight nudge on the EQ everything suddenly sounds perfect to me :)
See! I guess it depends on your hearing response to the trebles :wink:

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #1,725 of 3,438

Quote:
Has anyone experimented with packing TH600 cups with fiberloft material ala TH900, wondering if this makes TH900 treble smoother.

MarkL used this stuff in his first version of Lawton mod, but then advised against it. Interesting than Fostex picked that up as a way to dampen TH900.

looks like that stuff did the opposite but from my trials with other cans I bet you can find a substance that can tame highs but there is no way to avoid altering the mids in the process.. IMO..

Anyway I decided to do what I never do..
I decided to use an equalizer to the sound while they break in, as they are my fun cans anyway, and noticed with only a slight nudge on the EQ everything suddenly sounds perfect to me
smily_headphones1.gif

See! I guess it depends on your hearing response to the trebles
wink.gif

To be honest, the treble doesn't bother me anymore, they really settled down after a week, I am just hoping that Fostex purposely handicapped TH600 by omitting this stuffing, technically it should kill bouncing off the enclosure reflections and clear them up a bit, but we'll see, fiberloft is in a mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back