Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Sep 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #1,111 of 3,438
Well I have one anyway so I guess I'll find out when the headphones arrive in the next couple of days. I've read that they scale well, but yes, it is the Conductor's power that concerns me. I'm hoping the low gain setting will give me room for manoeuvre with the volume pot.

Burson's tend to be decent pairings with low impedance / high sensitivity headphones. While I've never heard the Conductor, the Soloist played well with my D7000. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #1,112 of 3,438
I bit the bullet and got rid of Mad Dog a little while ago and I got the TH600 a few weeks back. I know I said earlier that I wouldn't but curiosity killed me. The TH600 fits me better for me with electronic and hip hop anyway. The Mad Dog was rather similar in ways to my LCD2 and HE-500 and while preferring both it made sense to let it go. Not that the Mad Dog has anything wrong with it as it is an amazing valued can.

I'll eventually put down some information about my opinion on the TH600 overall compared to the other cans I have.

The soloist does fine with the TH600 so you know. The max power handling for TH600 is 1800mW and used to with powerful amps on lower gain I have not have trouble with it whatsoever. That holds true with Audio GD stuff as well.

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,113 of 3,438
I can definitely place my vote for the Conductor SL 9018 paired with the TH600. I have been using this combo at work for about a month. I always thought the TH600s were too bright, with weak lower midbass out of my HM801. Well I was shocked at how good the TH600s really were when I paired them with a good amp. The upper end smoothed out nicely, the mid bass filled in, and the low end hits just right. Now the TH600s have a well-adjusted tonal balance that makes every album I own sound excellent. I got a similar improvement when I played my TH600s out of my Soloist. So my unscientific conclusion is to make sure to get a high-quality, low-impedance amp for the TH600s before spending a lot of money on a reference class DAC.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #1,114 of 3,438
finally get my hand on this baby, simply amazing one of the best if not the best headphone i've ever tried. although clearly th900 is a tad better in everything the price difference only allows me to get the little brother th600. but i completely fallen in love with this baby.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #1,115 of 3,438
For my TH600 I paid less than half the price of what TH900 retails for in the UK. The dealer didn't try to BS me into buying the more expensive model either. In fact, he told me that many prefer the TH600.

For UK buyers Audioclear are an excellent company. Their eBay prices are very competitive and the customer service is top notch.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #1,117 of 3,438
  I'm thinking of selling my LCD2v2 and buy a TH600. Do you think its senseless? I really like the sound but the comfort is killing me...

before i get th600 i've been trying them back and forth for many times. on one occasion i get to compared them with a lcd2v2. I honestly prefer the TH600 since i find LCD2v2 a bit tiring for me and the comfort is really terrible. So i dont think it is senseless at all

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #1,118 of 3,438
It's not senseless at all if you prefer one over the other. It's not as if TH600 is a downgrade either as they're roughly on the same level in terms of price. I'll know in due course whether the same applies to performance.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,120 of 3,438
For my TH600 I paid less than half the price of what TH900 retails for in the UK. The dealer didn't try to BS me into buying the more expensive model either. In fact, he told me that many prefer the TH600.

For UK buyers Audioclear are an excellent company. Their eBay prices are very competitive and the customer service is top notch.

Audioclear are the trading name of the official distributor so they kind of have to be to stay on good terms
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #1,123 of 3,438
I'm thinking of selling my LCD 2s and getting some TH600s. Is this a wise move or a downgrade? I love the LCDs but want to try something different with a cleaner more dynamic sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back