Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced
Oct 21, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #376 of 392
@Marteaux

Thank you for replying! I am using AT IM-02, and so far I loved the sound of it but sometimes am thinking of trying a different IEM and a different sound sig, am wondering if this one is much better than IM02 or somewhat same SS. I am thinking of getting one but still trying to read the reviews am finding online... still undecided ATM. Would you recommend this for me? or maybe a diff IEM? my budget is only up to $150. Am looking for something that has some bass but not too bassy, IM02 is just ok for me when it comes to bass...

Can not compare to those since I do not own them. IM-02 has good reviews.To me TE 05 has rather nice sub bass, there when needed, not too much, but I can "feel it" at times. Mid bass punchy, very nice mids and highs. They sound more complete sonically tham my other IEM's and over ears I own (RHA MA750, Sony MDR35, AKG open on ear). Spacy and detailed. Deep bass and the over all clarity and space is what keeps me coming.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #378 of 392
Can not compare to those since I do not own them. IM-02 has good reviews.To me TE 05 has rather nice sub bass, there when needed, not too much, but I can "feel it" at times. Mid bass punchy, very nice mids and highs. They sound more complete sonically tham my other IEM's and over ears I own (RHA MA750, Sony MDR35, AKG open on ear). Spacy and detailed. Deep bass and the over all clarity and space is what keeps me coming.

Pulled the trigger on this and i'm glad I did! This is by far my fave IEM ATM, it used to be IM02. If only the isolation is much better than this. But I can live with it. Bass is there and I don't even use an amp. I plug this directly to Sony nwz-a25 and what a good combination it is. Am sick of my heart will go on but when I heard it using this, I was amazed. Heard something that I didn't hear using IM02. Love this IEM.

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #380 of 392
(I hope this isn't considered necroing, it just felt silly to start a new thread about them when a semi-official one already sort of exists).

So, I've been hearing on many reviews that they are great, but also that in some way, they seem to lack "coherence". I heard one person say that they tend to leave things laying around, instead of forming a shape out of them, which they said might be a problem for more complex music. Similarly, another person said that their sound somehow lacks "body", which seems like it may very well be connected. Can anyone else attest to this? I guess it's possible that they seem that way since a I've heard lot of people also describe them as very airy, detailed and somewhat analytical, which certainly isn't a bad thing for me. And if it is something bad, it probably won't put me off of buying them, since they seem to be quite amazing for their price, but I would like to hear what other people who own them think.

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #381 of 392
Has anyone had a chance to compare TE-05 to the junior TE-02?

Nov 8, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #382 of 392
I just bought this for 76.3 USD, I must spend 130 USD (with import taxes) if I want it new from Japan.
I hope TE-05 is a hidden gem from Fostex, currently bit disappointed with audio-technica TOTL dynamic (CKR100). I have ZA Carbo Tenore (broken, because my cousin, too lazy to fix it), and ATH-CKB50
---
TE-02n is on the bright side, but not too thin as far as I can remember, I like it just I like ATH-CK330M, but I lean towards to TE-02n

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #383 of 392
I just bought this for 76.3 USD, I must spend 130 USD (with import taxes) if I want it new from Japan.
I hope TE-05 is a hidden gem from Fostex, currently bit disappointed with audio-technica TOTL dynamic (CKR100). I have ZA Carbo Tenore (broken, because my cousin, too lazy to fix it), and ATH-CKB50
---
TE-02n is on the bright side, but not too thin as far as I can remember, I like it just I like ATH-CK330M, but I lean towards to TE-02n

Hope you like them. I very nearly purchased them but went for the Pinnacle P1s instead. Still really curious about all the Fostex line.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #384 of 392
It seems while they releasing bronze version (in Oct 2016), they changed the cable (still OFC but with inline mic) and hardcase to softpouch (I'm prefer cable w/o inline mic and hardcase)

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #385 of 392

I'd really like to see your comparison of TE-02n and TE-05!

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #386 of 392
Hm... Bit disappointed, the bass, too bloated for my taste. The search continues...

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #388 of 392
Not sure if their bass needs some burn-in maybe.

Nov 12, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #389 of 392
I'm more burn-in pessimist, but I had experience with VSD3S 2nd batch which is need burn-in. The ex-owner said he never used it, so maybe this IEM need burn-in while I'm adapting to this IEM
I love Japanese music, with various genres (jazz, so many mellow pop, rock) (example: Kalafina, jizue, Aimer, nanami) and recording quality, I'm only likes Muse, Trivium and A7X for western band

I don't have a problem with standard eartips, but I'm prefer using it with JVC spiral dot
As usual take with grain of salt

TE-05 is not for basshead lover but have 'oomph'. I'm bit disappointed at bass region because I think it's bleeding to lower mid. But when I'm listening double pedal kick drum, I like it because I can listening each kicks while feel it. And because its nature, I like when listening to guitar (both acoustic and distorted)
Mid region can be considered smooth, not thick like SE215, but not thin like ZA Carbo Doppio or Simgot EN700
High is not laidback, no peak for my ears (not harsh), not lacking, so can't be considered dark IEM
There is no sibilance. As ex-MSR7 owner, MSR7 sometimes can be sibilance on certain Japanese recordings
The soundstage is not special, very acceptable for its price range.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #390 of 392
Very happy you're enjoying them. It is still my favorite hear/head-phones, but then again I'm not that experienced and do not own that many head/ear phones. Got mine replaced because of faulty cable (intermitent sound in one ear). New one has somewhat better cable : same size and finish, but has a clear right side identifier, and fits and cliks more satisfyingly and solidly to the earbud. Anyway, cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back